Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » "Proof" Shooter Sentanced « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 859
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20061026/NEWS99/ 61026039&template=printart

Proof's shooter sentenced
By Cecil Angel
Free Press Staff Writer

October 26, 2006

Mario Etheridge, the bouncer who shot and killed rapper Proof after an argument at a Detroit after-hours nightclub, was sentenced to time served and a $2,000 fine today by Wayne County Circuit Judge Vera Massey Jones.

Etheridge, 28, of Detroit was convicted in a jury trial last month of carrying a concealed weapon, a felony with a maximum penalty of 5 years in prison; and discharge of a firearm in a dwelling or occupied structure, a felony with a 4-year maximum sentence, will now go free. Etheridge had no prior criminal convictions.

He was given time served for having an unlicensed gun. The $2,000 fine is for shooting a gun in a building.

Etheridge shot Proof, 32 - who was born Deshaun Holton - after the rapper shot and fatally wounded Etheridge’s cousin, Keith Bender Jr., 35, of Detroit on April 11 at the C.C.C. Club on 8 Mile.

The sad thing about this is, is that he pays the fine and the justice system played it's roll... BUT street justice is going to be next. Someone more than likely will go after him.

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 860
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ sorry for the spelling error in the title. Can't edit that part.

(Message edited by viziondetroit on October 26, 2006)

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 146
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree. If I were him I would get out of town for good. I'm sure he has a target on his back.

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1298
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would not be suprised if they find him dead in the next 6 months.

Ordinary
Username: Ordinary

Post Number: 60
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you trying to say that shooting Proof was a tragedy? "Live by the sword, die by the sword"

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 864
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regardless of what the person did in life, loosing a family member or friend is a tragedy... but like you said live by the sword, die by the sword.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.