Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Belle Isle improvments? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 64
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On Thursday I took my dog for a walk on Belle Isle and as I parked out at the point I noticed heavy machinery out along the landscape. Once walking I realized that they are finally redoing the pathway which has been in a very sad state for quite sometime. I also saw that the restaurant/ abandoned structure was torn down and that they put up new rails to make it look like there may be a functional parking lot. We will have to see what the final results will be.

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 96
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The City is probably sprucing it up before they solicit bids from developers.

Tndetroiter
Username: Tndetroiter

Post Number: 485
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, w/ the Grand Prix coming back next year, it needs to be in some kind of decent shape. I drove around the park today and the first thing I noticed is how beat up a lot of the picnic tables and benches look.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 274
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Obviously the surface used for the GP will have to be redone. Who is going to foot the bill for this? I dont think the city should.

The roads are just fine for typical traffic right now, but certainly not good enough for a race. I would be pretty upset if the city had to pay for the reconstruction.

Tndetroiter
Username: Tndetroiter

Post Number: 489
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitstar, the economic impact of the race will far outweigh the cost of repaving the course.

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 259
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A lot of the bridges are kinda rubbley...

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most of the costs for the GP will be picked up by the racing commission. However, road improvements will be paid for by the city.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.