Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » DoubleTree hotel « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 146
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Pick-Fort Shelby

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20060609/B IZ/606090385/1001

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 842
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keep the good news rolling

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1373
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1288
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nice, great to see the development spread out some.

My only concern is can the market keep the existing hotels busy and the BC and FS??

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1825
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didn't that article get discussed back in June when it came out?

Jonnyinlaguna
Username: Jonnyinlaguna

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of the reasons I am moving back to Detroit is because of these types of developments. It shows that the New Detroit is turning the corner.

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 576
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It did get discussed back in June. What's the point of posting it again?

Andyguard73

Post Number: 147
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't start the thread, I was answering a question. Someone said that he had heard that a Doubletree was coming to Detroit, but didn't know where, and started this thread to find out where.. I answered and posted the article to give him some information, and since then the original post was deleted.

(Message edited by Andyguard73 on October 31, 2006)

Udmphikapbob
Username: Udmphikapbob

Post Number: 193
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was hoping for a Quadruple Tree...

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4610
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps you should have posted this in the thread for the person asking about it. This is false advertisement, at best. This "news" is soon to be half a year old.

Andyguard73

Post Number: 148
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lmichigan, I did post this in the thread of the person asking about it. I did not start that thread. The original post in this thread has been deleted. I'm not "advertising" anything, I was just answering a question that someone has since removed.

Jonnyinlaguna

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lmich said

quote:

Perhaps you should have posted this in the thread for the person asking about it. This is false advertisement, at best. This "news" is soon to be half a year old.

Andyguard73 said

quote:

I answered and posted the article to give him some information, and since then the original post was deleted.

Lmich maybe you need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills before giving advice.

Thegse
Username: Thegse

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Catfight Bitches!!!!!

Dtown1
Username: Dtown1

Post Number: 369
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes, I agree with you Johnny

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1827
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 2:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So who's the jackass who started the thread and then deleted his original post! Get to the bottom of that mystery, scoobies!

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7051
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was one of the noobs. Designerguy or Johnnyinlaguna. Can't remember exactly.

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 605
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Developers hope to finalize the purchase of the property and start construction in time to complete the hotel by December 2007.

The apartments, which will average 1,200 square feet, should be finished by spring or early summer of 2008."

Wow, how come we can't get that kind of progress with Illitch-owned buildings?

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7053
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't be absurd. He wrecked the Madison Lenox in record time.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 732
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a beautiful new graffiti on the side (by my window). Shame to see it blasted off.

Jonnyinlaguna

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It was one of the noobs. Designerguy or Johnnyinlaguna. Can't remember exactly.

It wasn't me old man.

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 365
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^ wow, jonnyinlaguna went from a happy-go-lucky fresh-faced newbie to a pissy regular in 8 posts...can that constitute as some kind of record?

Thegse
Username: Thegse

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO. You all just like to hate on "NEWBIE'S" Can someone else join your club and be cool? dork. be wary, unless lowell bans me, I will be the thorn in your ghetto side.

Jonnyinlaguna

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm still happy-go-lucky fresh-faced newbie. It was a joke I figured if I was a "noob" with 6 posts he must be an old man with over 7000 post.

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 366
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey, i'm not hating on anyone. it's the nature of the game. some go down faster than others. and in case you haven't noticed, this club is not all that cool.

"...I will be the thorn in your ghetto side"

yeah, good luck with that...welcome to the thunderdome...

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3018
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You newbies have noticed that a lot of the folks who post here should be on blood pressure medicine, but aren't.... sigh... my doctor just prescribed it for me! :-( ...but then again my mother, older brother and younger sister were already taking it... (must be that damn uppity German blood in me...)

Welcome to the forum folks! :-)

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7054
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Actually, if all goes according to plan, Johnnyinlaguna is about to become a neighbor of mine.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 1579
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope you two strangers get along real well.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 1580
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bad neighbors suck.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.