Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Casey files for free agency « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 607
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20061101/S PORTS0104/611010301/1004/SPORT S

Should the Tigers stick with 'Orange Crush' Chris Shelton, or dive in the free agent market?

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish Tigers would have kept Casey....

Our best player in the World Series,and a great guy in the clubhouse, who truly loved being here.

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 68
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dammm,, is there any chance they will still pick him up?? major mistake on Tigers behalf, he was one of the few in the final series who really got it,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 3984
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's still plenty chances to pick him up. His jump into free agency means that he just wants to explore his options. If I were in his shoes, I'd do the same.

Now it's up to the Tigers to step up and give him a bonafide offer for the great performance that he had. Maybe a 2 year with an option at best, but at least he'd provide some stability at 1B and a solid left handed bat. Maybe even platooning with Shelton and grooming him as his power stroke hopefully returns. Shelton from the right & Casey from the left- not a bad combo.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.