Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Chicago Sun Times give Detroit credit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 75
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

for the naysayers, even some Chicago folk note the progress we are making
http://www.suntimes.com/lifest yles/travel/114482,TRA-News-De tours29.article

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 114
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice to see an outsider take notice!
Although he got his dates wrong: Book-Caddy closed in 1984, not 1986.
I won't complain, though.

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 151
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not much of a conversation on this one either, but there was a thread on this a couple of days ago. It is a really interesting article, and it seems pretty well written.

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/86128.html?1162308928

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 53
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's easy to get a reporter to say nice things about you when you wine and dine him and give him free tickets to the World Series!

(Geez, maybe I should change my day job.)

Detroitbill

Post Number: 76
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I find it very unusual when a positive article comes out and all one can do is try to refute it with negatives..Should try to enjoy the moment for a change...

(Message edited by Detroitbill on November 04, 2006)

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 56
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not a negative, this is a common practice with reporters - especially travel writers. You bring them in, soup them up, then hope they write something really nice about you.

Btw, my comment is from first hand knowledge. I met the guy while he was here.

Detroitbill

Post Number: 77
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually , Im not surprised if that is the case
i think most cities put on their best hats when they know its being written about, Convention and Tourist Bureau reps I know in Chicago do it all the time for their visiting travel writers,,and the articles are always positive, but they do have an impression on anyone reading it......Its what creates good images for any city

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.