Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » ...and then there was the Fort Shelby construction start! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1687
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hot on the bidding news for the Broderick, I spoke with a subcontractor with an order for the Fort Shelby already in hand. I don't think anyone has mentioned that the work has gotten to this point, yet.

He says they are just waiting on demo and abatement to be complete before starting, and that the Hilton has to be in there the Christmas after this one, so there won't be any long delays. Look to see work on this site intensify after the holidays.

(Message edited by llyn on November 03, 2006)

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 850
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Always good to see news like this. What's their timeline for completion?

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 610
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha, does that mean they've already booked events?

Llyn

Post Number: 1689
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I get the impression that they expect to have rooms available by Christmas after this one.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Probably the 08 Auto Show then.

Great news! I imagine the apartments will be ready then as well. Fantastic news; I was weary of this project when first announced

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1328
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good stuff!!!!!!!!

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 697
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe it can look like this again

Fort-Shelby

Llyn

Post Number: 1693
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

(I know it's my own thread, but, hey...)

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how many hotel rooms are their going to be in the renovation of the hotel. Any Condo's

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1079
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If it ever looks like that picture, its quite possible that Armageddon is upon us. The sky should NEVER be that color.

Hooray for Fort-Shelby!

Busterwmu
Username: Busterwmu

Post Number: 289
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope they put up a nice neon Hilton-Fort-Shelby sign on the roof. Now that would be cool.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4652
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

French, the Hilton hotel will be on the lower floors and include numerous amenities and a 30,000 square foot conference center and 204 rooms. The apartments portion of the structure will lie along the upper floors and include 63 residential units. I'm not exactly sure how the smaller attached original hotel building works into this.

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1213
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What great news. Just got back from a weekend in Chicago (had to play a concert there). It is so nice hearing all these great developments happening in our city. Good to be back in the D. Love Chicago, but people are much more friendly here.

Burnsie
Username: Burnsie

Post Number: 715
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate to be the fly in the ointment, but has anyone gotten definitive word that the financing has actually closed for the deal? Either it has, or the entire mainstream media has really dropped the ball on this one. I can only recall the Kimberly-Clark fiasco with the B-C, when the contractors and everybody was ready, but not the money.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7076
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The HUD loans are in place, and that's an extraordinarily large chunk of the financing. Private financing should be pretty simple, since it will be such a small percent of the project.

May I ask why everyone is calling this a Hilton?

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4661
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because if this is going to be a Doubletree, as has been reported for a few months, now, than it's a Hilton.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.