Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Faygo pop « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Designerguy24
Username: Designerguy24

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was at Pure Detroit on sat in the Guardian Building. In the Pure Detroit store they have old fashion bottles of Faygo pop you can buy in the glass bottles. Its VERY cool. I got an Original Rock and Rye and a Original Rootbeer.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1382
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I expect more descriptive words than "cool" out of someone claiming to be a designer

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 910
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they sell those at the gas station, poor faygo isn't what it used to be

Dtown1
Username: Dtown1

Post Number: 432
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes, I had a few of those bottles before at the gas station in my neighborhood, they're like beer bottles, not so much glass pop bottles.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1025
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh snap!

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 476
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

George Washington may be the father of our country, but Faygo is the pop!
-Soupy Sales, 1956

Dtown1

Post Number: 441
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn, taking your "remark", I thought the pop glass bottle holes were smaller than the ones on beer bottles?

Polaar
Username: Polaar

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahh, Redpop at Grandma's house in Harper Woods when I was in a kid in the 60s...redpop

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 914
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Polaar!! We drank the same exact stuff at my Grandmas in Harper Woods, in the 80's n 90's! When my uncle moved to Las Vegas we shipped bottles to him.

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1093
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahh, Redpop at my Grandma's house in Harper Woods today...

Beadgrl
Username: Beadgrl

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm glad Faygo is offering pop (not soda!) in glass bottles. There is just something about the glass bottle. Is it just me or does pop taste better in a glass bottle? I think the plastic does something weird to the taste.

Dtown1

Post Number: 452
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we have some grandma boys and girls in here, dont we?

Going over to Grandpa's today to have some Grape Pop?

Dtown1

Post Number: 453
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well for one, they half clean those plastic bottles at these places today. I'm sometimes weary when I buy bottled pop, as I'm afraid that I have a bottle that hasn't been cleaned.

So maybe its knowing that someone has drunk out of it before you, because that's how I am.

not limiting to or excluding Faygo from my perspective.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10835
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMAO! They don't reuse plastic pop bottles to rebottle pop! Once a container, such as a pop bottle, has been used once it can not be recycled back into anything that would contain something for human consumption. The plastic is recycled and used for other things.

Dtown1

Post Number: 454
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If thats the case, what you said about the taste, Beadgirl's just crazy.

Beadgrl
Username: Beadgrl

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps the plastic is leaching something into the contained liquid? Or the plastic "breathes" and the pop loses it's true flavor? Or...i'm just getting old and losing my sense of taste?

crazy...yes. Insane...not if i take my meds! :-)

Miketoronto
Username: Miketoronto

Post Number: 350
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here in Toronto I have FAYGO pop bottles that I bought in Detroit, decorating my computer room. I drank the soda first.
So I have some of the empty bottles on a shelf with Detroit things, and another FAYGO bottle I have a candle stuck into it, and use it as a candle holder.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 1198
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mmmmmmm... Carbonated cake frosting flavors !

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 127
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure a carbonated beverage being in a plastic bottle, when compared to a glass bottle, does affect the taste.

I mean, all you beer drinkers out there can taste the difference between a 40oz, a longneck, a can, and a keg of the same brew, right? Why wouldn't pop be any less different?

Magic_mushroom
Username: Magic_mushroom

Post Number: 22
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pop has not been the same since the old 16 oz returnable glass bottles disappeared. The plastic does change the taste and I won't even start with cans. I miss those days.

Fortress_warren
Username: Fortress_warren

Post Number: 129
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't had a Faygo since Rush convinced me Snapple was the brew. Being a mind numbed robot, that's all I drink. Guzzle, guzzle.

But I did like Rock and Roll, that was Dr. Pepper before we heard about it?

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 633
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

But I did like Rock and Roll, that was Dr. Pepper before we heard about it?

You mean Rock and Rye?

Fortress_warren

Post Number: 130
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're right. Thinking of auto fire weapons. Sorry.

Mauser765

Post Number: 1212
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope - Rock n Rye is the cake frosting flavor. Dr Pepper is based on old style cherry Cokes.

Harmonie
Username: Harmonie

Post Number: 636
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok...so I have this idea for a bar...and since I probably won't ever do anything with it I am going to put it into cyberspace and if someone wants to use it all I ask is that I drink for free once you open the bar.

It's a bar in which Faygo is the only pop served. You can still have a Jack and Cola...but you can also have a Rock n Rye Martini and a myriad of other completely unique drinks and shots made with Faygo. I always thought of it as a cartoon bar too, where there cartoons are always on TV. Something about cartoons and faygo...
So...there it is. Someone take it and run with it. I'm sure it would be a huge hit!

Fortress_warren

Post Number: 134
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote"

"Nope - Rock n Rye is the cake frosting flavor. Dr Pepper is based on old style cherry Cokes."

Dr Pepper pre-dates Coke. I have a French pistol, chambered 32ACP. You the same?

Mauser765

Post Number: 1219
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No - Im a German rifle.

Sailor_rick
Username: Sailor_rick

Post Number: 143
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Residing in Argentina?

Fortress_warren

Post Number: 156
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What was it? .318 or .323? Lowell doesn't have a clue what we're talking about. Just your average, ordinary, gun nut. LOCK AND LOAD!!!!

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 794
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rock N Rye aint one of the cake frosting flavors.

At least you know what it is... Kwame forgot that Vernors left town and Faygo was here when he made his stupid World Series bet.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.