Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » DetNews projects Granholm win (exit poll) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 388
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exit poll: Granholm headed to victory
Gov. Jennifer Granholm appears on her way to a big re-election victory, overcoming the drag of Michigan's battered economy, according to results from a Detroit News/WXYZ-TV/WWJ exit poll. 7:46 pm
http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20061107/UPDAT E/611070426

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10844
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great. 4 more years of the nation's worst economy.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No governor can make or break a states economy in 4 years dude - talk to the car companies about those 50,000 people they aced with short sighted gas guzzler product. She balanced a massive budget deficit too - that hurt but it was necessary.

But uh..I hate her too.

Swgz31
Username: Swgz31

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eh we're screwed either way.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5974
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAY CANADIANS!!

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 562
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The first thing she will do is change your middle names to "Granholm", just like she did to her husband. :-)

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4668
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sour grapes never tasted so good.

Supersport

Post Number: 10845
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a mole, not a grape dude.

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 85
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our very republican precinct crossed over to vote for Granholm. Every single republican won in our district except Devos. What does that tell you?

(I worked the polls and got the results before I left a few minutes ago.)

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1218
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The GOP would have had a chance had they not put an extreme social conservative like DeVos as their parties choice. Like the DetNews said, its time for Granholm to step up and lead now, because come 4 years from now, the state will not give her a third term if she sits on her hands again.

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 393
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I voted for nearly every Republican on the ballot with the exception of Devos! Granholm has done a reasonable job considering the challenges Michigan has faced. Devos on the other hand had not done (Or said) one thing to win my vote.

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 79
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope the prediction is correct... I am glad that DeVos and company couldnt buy the vote, His lack of any sort of real agenda and constant blaming Granholm for a poor economy when in fact neither of them could have avoided what happened in fact shows voters are too wise for that nonsense . Most polls show they just don't trust DeVos,, interesting.....Myself, I am just glad I dont have to worry about some evangelical telling me to live like he does. Thank God,, this state can remain a moral democracy,

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 88
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Johnny, you don't happen to live in Royal Oak do you?

I actually liked Bouchard also. I would have voted for him if I wasn't so sick and tired of his President. Hopefully he will run again after we get a democrat president in 2008.

:-)

Frenchman_in_the_d
Username: Frenchman_in_the_d

Post Number: 97
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IT'S OFFICIAL!
"GRANHOLM WINS SECOND TERM" www.freep.com

ayyyyyyyaaaaaaaaahhh!
I can finally be French and proud of it in the USA again without fearing Republican neo-reactionnist bullshit!

I LOVE US & A! NIIIIICE!

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 555
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The GOP would have had a chance had they not put an extreme social conservative like DeVos as their parties choice."

More importantly they would have had a decent chance of winning had they nominated someone who had more personality than a carrot.

Just like presidential nominees Dole, Gore, and Kerry it's hard to warm up to someone like Devos. He's just not likable and that's going to kill a politician.

With all his money it's too bad for him he couldn't go out and purchase a personality.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 7023
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is it so funny when rich dudes obviously spend a boatload of their own cash...and then lose in a landslide?!

I'll be SO happy if I won't have to see his creepy face in the news ever again...save perhaps for a 'remember when' documentary in the future.

That TV ad showing the morphing from W to DeVos should go down in history...

Great that you volunteered, Yvette, how busy was your precinct?!

Why do I get the feeling we're just sliding deeper into stalemate, though?!

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 3644
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who the hell wants to be the governor of a state on the downer?

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3259
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is just some things money can't buy - in Michigan anyway. DeVos ran 20,000 plus mostly nasty TV ads since March and I think I saw every one. He didn't just lose, he got clobbered. Good riddance.

I think the people of Michigan realized that Granholm inherited a mess from John Engler who irresponsibly consumed our rainy day fund and disappear leaving her to deal with balancing the budget in an era of continually declining revenues.

She looked forward, DeVos backward and Michigan chose her.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 2061
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Like the DetNews said, its time for Granholm to step up and lead now, because come 4 years from now, the state will not give her a third term if she sits on her hands again.

She isn't eligible for a third term anyway. Michigan has a Constitutional limit of only 2 terms for a governor.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 2704
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for your votes, have your heard about "The Plan"?
-Satan

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1170
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not a Michigan resident, but I would easily have chosen Granholm. The economy was in the crapper no fault of her own, and with that downward momentum I believe she did a pretty darn good job considering the mess the state is in, regardless of who is in office.

The thing that I still don't understand is that for the last 2 elections, candidates whose platform was "anybody but the other guy" have gotten clobbered. Why did DeVos run this type of campaign?

Bottom line, I think most Michigan residents came to understand that Granholm did a fine job with the mess she happened to be in.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1171
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, and yes, I laugh when DeVos spent $40 million and got clobbered. It is funny.

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 267
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was expecting it to be closer than it was. It was sorta anti-climactic.

Detroit_expat
Username: Detroit_expat

Post Number: 1228
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Delicious.

DeVos and his fascist klan are $37 million lighter in the wallet, yet The Mole still rules.

Tuebor! God bless America, and God bless Michigan!

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2202
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No surprise w/ Granholm, other than the extent to which she won. Prop 2 brought out the vote in Detroit and Ann Arbor, which gave extra votes to Granholm. Devos was patently unqualified to be governor, even though I viewed him as the lesser of two evils.

Now, CNN has called a YES result on Prop. 2. No more affirmative action for university admissions. This will be a big step towards removing racial stigmatization, and it will force universities and the education community in general to address the needs of minority students and inner-city youth, such that we can expand the pool of QUALIFIED minority applicants who can worthily get into our various colleges, rather than give preferences and avoid the real issues. In the end this passage will help Detroit and other inner-cities, because of the outreach programs and various funding that UM and other schools will invest in Detroit in the same model that the University of California has followed in the wake of their affirmative action ban.

Gannon

Post Number: 7031
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting take on the dawn of this new frontier, thanks Mackinaw.

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 132
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 1:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe one of you loyal Democrats can explain this quote from the Granholm victory speech.

"This is a victory for the workers in Greenville who lost their jobs."

This may not be the EXACT wording but that was the gist of what she said. I guess I am having a hard time understanding how the folks in Greenville are winners? I wish I could ask some of THEM if they feel like they share the same sense of "victory" that Granholm talked about...

She also mentioned that the "promised land" was in sight. Maybe some of you who are so pleased with her win can explain just what this "promised land" consists of?

I am sure there was alot more bullshit but I was so disgusted I had to turn off the radio.

(Message edited by perfectgentleman on November 08, 2006)

Gannon

Post Number: 7037
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was the Amway facility that laid off those people in Greenville? Where the hell is Greenville, anyways?!

I'll have to read the transcript...that promised land quip is strange.

Why are you so sure there was more bullshit?

Oh, that's right. She's an attorney, and her lips were moving.

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 80
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe Granholm was referring to her visit to the site of where the workers in Greenville lost their jobs, She had visited the site to see if there was anyway to salvage jobs etc.. but as with the big 3, a governor has little clout when a business decides to close, The workers ( generally Republican) appreciated her efforts and made public mention of it...They had mentioned that no Republican representative attempted any intervention despite their requests and applauded Granholm for trying to stick up for the working man. As a result many of the workers (usually Republicans) publicly stated they would be voting Democratic as at least that party made an attempt to save their jobs,,Ofcourse Granholm used this as a basis for an election advertisement. As for the "promised land" mention that referred to diversification in the state of Michigan to enable more employment,, Several new industries have relocated to Michigan. This was a common stance used by both Granholm and DeVos and is an obvious necessity if Michigan wants to improve its current employment situation.

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 1:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greenville is northeast of Grand Rapids, they lost over 2000 jobs to Mexico at the Electro Lux plant.

If there is a transcript available, I would like to read it so I can criticize it more thoroughly.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 915
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://devosforgovernor.com/qu iz/# play the game on Devos website

Gannon

Post Number: 7039
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 1:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wonder how long those DeVil billboards will stay up?!

We should stick to the letter of the law, and fine the dude for littering if they stay up too long.

Each one. Talk about windfall profits from deep pockets...

And I wonder if he'll relocate to the Bahamas now, to be closer to his headquarters and his bank?!

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 134
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 2:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well thanks DetroitBill, that is at least intelligent analysis on your part. Clearly she was using the workers for political purposes and one wonders how many of the folks down there actually voted for her in the end after they had time to think things over after the reporters went home. She said she “wouldn't forget them” whatever that means.

I think the phrase "promised land," generally a term associated with heaven is a bit of a stretch. She is once again raising expectations in the minds of people that she will not be able to attain.

I guess I find it strange that she got away with blaming John Engler, George Bush and the Republican State House for her failures in the first term. Then many said she does not sit on the boards of the big 3 so the automotive job losses were not her fault either.

This of course is all very arguable, but let’s just assume those statements are true for a moment. All of these conditions remain in place now, as they did in her first term, yet suddenly we have the "promised land" in sight. Well shit, if it is in sight now why didn't we see more progress prior to this instead of decline?

A more realistic view is that the nation will probably fall into recession as per the normal economic cycle within the next year or two and we will be far worse off then we are now. I hope that doesn’t happen but I guess I don’t see any reasons for the extreme optimism as being portrayed by Granholm.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 2:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was a victory speech, what do you expect?

And, if I remember correctly, the Greenville situation occured a while back. She offered the company the incentives to stay and worked with the workers to keep their rights. Thats more than just a good political move, its a good move for the Governor of the state. Wasnt DeVos criticizing her for NOT attempting to personally be involved in situations ust like this?

Fortress_warren
Username: Fortress_warren

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:
"She looked forward, DeVos backward and Michigan chose her."

Lowell, you actually live in California, don't you? Our Governator has used ads with Angelides, the demo, walking backward to demonstrate how voting democrat would move California backwards.

Supersport

Post Number: 10846
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 6:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The blind leading the blind. Granholm's approval rating is around 40%, 2/3 believe this state is heading in THE WRONG direction. Hardly a victory people.

As for DeVos and his commercials, perhaps people were watching something else, as his commercials weren't nasty. They were telling the truth about the state Michigan is in. Worst economy in the nation, and still will be 4 years from now.

Fortress_warren

Post Number: 119
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 6:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:
"She looked forward, DeVos backward and Michigan chose her."

Lowell, you actually live in California, don't you? Our Governator has used ads with Angelides, the demo, walking backward to demonstrate how voting democrat would move California backwards. Governator won.

Supersport

Post Number: 10848
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 6:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know we're heading in the WRONG direction when even tree hugging California re-elects their Republican Governator.

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 730
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 7:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Talk about a broad sweep of California's population there SS.

DeVos loss my vote because his republican ideals on stem cells and intelligent design. As far as the economy I think some people realized that we in Michigan have had our eggs all in one basket and especially in the past two years have been an absolute disaster for the markets that Michigan is in. I don't think Granholm CAUSED the shitty economic level we are at as some ads lead us to belive. Has she helped? I think she is going too. It's hard to drum up business in two years when the whole world is against the main business types that we are in. Not too mention the big three shot themselves in the foot, but that's another thread.

Mauser765

Post Number: 1206
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DeVos is a carpetbagger, looking to loot the the staggering carcass that used to be the great State of Michigan. He had no plans to rehabilitate this place. He promised on day one to go after poor people on welfare....hmmm. Last I checked those folks can vote too, duhr. I think he was looking for a rape and pillage term and a stepping stone to Congress.

I think Judas Granholm is also using us as a stepping stone to Congress. Hey Jenny, get back to Highland Park and demolish those 250 buildings you promised money for !!!!

Look for Bouchard reincarnated as a candidate for governor in 4 years. Hopefully he leaves his tarantula browed daughter home next time. Everybody thinks their own ugly kids are adorable.

Very interesting little message on Mikes website this morning:

quote:

The Mike for Michigan website is being attacked by a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack.
So far we have indentified the following IP addresses as being sources of the attack:

XX.82.9.55
XX.82.9.55

For more information on this issue or on Mike's campaign, please call:

248-566-XXXX

How did he expect to beat Stabenow with that huge battle helmet on her head that she calls a hairdo ? She would have gored him to death if he won.

Do you think they will give us a couple weeks of peace and quiet before we have to look at Hillary, Obama, McCain and Guiliani attack ads for 08 ?

I think not.

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 176
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Supersport; we would all be better off if there were a little more tree hugging. I live in England and the issue of Climate Change is on the headlines every day; the economic disaster that could occur if this issue is not addressed in mind boggling and terrifying. The country IS going in the right direction by voting in Democrats that will actually address this issue instead of pandering to big oil (Republicans).

Mauser765

Post Number: 1207
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great Britain hired Al Gore to advise about the climate issues there. So make sure to consider your source - the man who "invented the Internet".

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5179
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 8:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAYYY!!!!!!!! GRANHOLM 4 MORE YEARS, 4 MORE YEARS, 4 MORE YEARS!!!

Go back to Grand Rapids Billionaire Dick and continue your job outsourcing to China.

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 177
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 8:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mauser765: what a cop out partisan response. You can look past the results in England and look around you at what is going on; extreme whether, mass extinction, changing weather patters, shrinking water supplies, glacier melting ect…..

Climate Change is a big issue that needs to be addressed and we need to cut the “its not proven” crap out; that is what has gotten us into this mess……..stop the oil pandering partisan crap and pay attention to the science. America needs to wise up real soon and we need to address the issue; especially when we use 80 of the resources and are responsible for the bulk of CO2 admissions.

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 178
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and it was not Al Gore....it was Sir Nicholas Stern, Head of the Government Economics......try using spin elsewhere

Supersport

Post Number: 10849
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Global Warming....LMAO! They've been talking about doomsday global warming since I was in grade school. The earth goes through periods in which it warms, then cools, nothing new, it's been happening for thousands upon thousands of years.

Why do I hate Liberals so much? Because they are the most closed minded voters there are. I, one who votes for both parties, take facts into account. Facts as to how the person currently serving did during their first term. I voted for Granholm, just as I voted for Bush both terms. I did so because I felt they would do a better job than they alternative. Tell somebody who votes Democratic straight ticket and they'll tell you why your mentality is all wrong, but pat you on the back whenever you vote for a Democrat.

I vote for the canidate, not the party. At least we can all rest easy that Granholm is about as Republican as can be when it come to being pro-gun. I can only hope that she gets her shit together this time, as according to her supporters, her first term was spent cleaning up the mess on her plate from the last guy. That being said, that would mean she has ZERO excuses over these next 4 years. I wish her the best of luck, as myself as well as the thousands upon thousands of others unemployed are banking on it.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8955
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FYI, It is not a slam dunk case that human beings are causing global warming. Yes, global warming is a reality but there are just as many scientists that do not believe human beings are causing the rise in temperature as there are who say WE are causing the problem.

Back to the thread...

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 179
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

“Global Warming....LMAO! They've been talking about doomsday global warming since I was in grade school. The earth goes through periods in which it warms, then cools, nothing new, it's been happening for thousands upon thousands of years”

That’s all BS spin; if that were true you must be so much more well informed than the leading experts in these field of study. It is not some political ploy that non-partisan experts have come forward with documented proof of climate change and the devastating effects that it will have on the economy and global health. This is what I hate about conservatives, they refuse to accept SCIENCE and live off conservative talk radio “talking points”. You claim, “I, one who votes for both parties, take facts into account”…….do you really take facts into account or do you just spit out what Rush Limbaugh tells you to think. Get a clue before it is too late and your children are playing for your ignorance.

Also……

”Why do I hate Liberals so much? Because they are the most closed minded voters there are”. Compared to the conservative opposition to alternative lifestyles, individual privacy, alternative energy, civil liberties and freedom of religion (ie imposing specific religious views on secular policy), the “liberals” have done a mighty fine job on being open minded, while the “conservatives” have been on a quest to implement homogenous rule for the past 20 years.

“FYI, It is not a slam dunk case that human beings are causing global warming. Yes, global warming is a reality but there are just as many scientists that do not believe human beings are causing the rise in temperature as there are who say WE are causing the problem”.

Yea, so if they are wrong and humans do have a substantial role, sitting around with our thumbs up our asses is no way to avoid catastrophe. If we wait too long for “definitive” proof, it will be to late. Preventative programs are need to avoid this……Your natural changes happened over millions and even thousands of years, not 100....

Besides, there are other issues at stake here as well, such health quality related to air pollution ect….......rising childhood asthma and repertory related deaths for children and the elderly are not a result of this “natural” occurrence.

(Message edited by tkelly1986 on November 08, 2006)

(Message edited by tkelly1986 on November 08, 2006)

Rosedaleken
Username: Rosedaleken

Post Number: 269
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Arnold got reelected because he ran AWAY from conservative views. He even hired a Democratic chief of staff. Don't be fooled.

Look at the bright side. If you think Granholm sucks, imagine 4 more years of watching Rod Blagojevich(D-IL) take bribes- I'd rather have either MI candidate. Makes me miss Michigan where the races are somewhat competitive.

Gannon

Post Number: 7042
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sporto,

Grow up, little hairless horsepower boy.

IF you hate any group in general...then by definition you MUST hate everyone who then aligns themselves with that group in specific, whoever CALLS THEMSELVES Liberal.

Lowell calls himself liberal, from vague memory of previous discussions. Do you really want to include HIM in your unlimited statement?!

"Brotherly HATE" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

That is simply a short-sighted way to consider the world.

Sorry to hear that you're banking your future on some politician. Get off yer butt and make it yourself.

Come to think of it, now that YOU have time off, you have no excuse against having all of your hulking hotrods running in the spring.

Hell, if you are industrious, you could have one running by the end of this Indian Summer, I hear we'll have 65 degree weather tomorrow.

I mean, hey, we don't have to hire some Chinese workers to help you do THIS job, too, do we?!

Mauser765

Post Number: 1209
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Mauser765: what a cop out partisan response. "

Ummmm....What? I voted for dumbass Al Gore, what are you babbling about ?

Heres the Reuters news story announcing Gores appointment to the position:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/s cience/10/30/warming.report.re ut/index.html

But ah, you are massively threadjacking with an offtopic agenda so, stop now.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3260
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Supersport, "The blind leading the blind. Granholm's approval rating is around 40%..."

ROTFLMAO as the real approval rating came out and real people spoke. Read and weep my friend. :-)

Granholm - 56%
DeVos - 42%

"And in FIIIVE hours, Billionaire Dick was BLOWN AWAY..."

Now for a little math...

DeVos - $38 Million of daddy's money divided by 1,601,907 votes = $23.72 per vote.

And ^ he was going to bring his business 'skills' to solve Michigan's problems? It's what happens when you spend daddy's bucks. If this isn't an argument for inheritance tax, there isn't one. Maybe if ~he~ actually had to earn the money he blew, he might have made a believable candidate.

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 317
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

amen brother Lowell, amen.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 284
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The debates cinched it for me, for all the positive spin DeVos tried to put on his own Michigan jobs elimination and job creation in China. Jenny successfully laid it too tatters, and successfully shifted the blame for our poor economy from herself to Company Executives who love cheap labor. And guess what? Who is DeVos? A rich company executive who loves cheap labor! I was not happy with her results the last four years, but saw 4 upcoming years with DeVos as being the final nail in our coffin.

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 180
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mauser765: Yea, I read that he was going to be an advisor, but that was a result of the findings from the Stern report, not a factor in the conclusions. He was hired to advise on the issue now that Stern has exposed its severity and the British government has acknowledged that they want to do something about this. I should have made that more clear on my rebuttal….I respect Al Gore and his environmental conscious; its too bad that our current administration could not tap into this sort of asset, but instead we watch him go across the pond............I’m not trying to hijack the thread, just defending "tree huggers"

Fortress_warren

Post Number: 132
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

"You know we're heading in the WRONG direction when even tree hugging California re-elects their Republican Governator."

The tree huggers didn't vote for Ahrnorld. It was the right and center that did. He was the most conservative that could get elected in Cali. Angelides was a disaster, just like Granholm will be. You'll find that out, if the last four years hasn't been an indication

Supersport

Post Number: 10851
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon,

Yes, lump them all together. Anybody who votes straight ticket in an election is an idiot. There, ya happy?

ps...I can only hope this global warming keeps up. Last year we only had one day time high below 32 degrees during January. I'll take a winter like that any day!

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 768
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good god, you guys are bitter. Come on, white men get their special privilige back, and doves can fly free.

I can recommend a good dentist to help with that tooth gnashing.

Mauser765

Post Number: 1215
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Anybody who votes straight ticket in an election is an idiot."

Amen bro.

"white men get their special privilige back"

Ieeeeeeeeeee...what a horrible statement. Being considered for work based on my resume and not my skin pigment suuuuuuuuure is indeed a privilege - one provided by the Bill of Rights.

Fortress_warren

Post Number: 144
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

"white men get their special privilige back, and doves can fly free. white men get their special privilige back, and doves can fly free."

Us white guys don't have any special privlige(sic);if the management can find a female or minority with the least qualification, it's the Human Resources Wet Dream. We had a black, 55 year old female, that rose to the position of a typist in 20 years, become a manager of 30 people. She got canned in a year, along with all the other Wet Dreams.

Are you a Prince fancier?

Gannon

Post Number: 7063
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sport,

Lump 'em if you must, but please don't then hate them. (reminds me of John Cleese's boy's school sex class skit in the Meaning of Life...'You don't have to go leaping straight for the clitoris like a bull at a gate. Give her a kiss, boy.'!!!!)

Be suspicious...wary...concerned. ..just don't go immediately to hate.

We should reserve that emotion for those who deserve it.

I've never met anyone who deserved it.

As for the global warming stuff...same data on global warming also indicates an impending ninety degree shift in the poles...or rather that the 'orange peel skin' of the crust will shift on the molten magma core moving the magnetic alignment 90 degrees.

We don't want to be around if and when that happens...those who look at that theory consider its onset and completion to happen in a flash, geologically speaking.

Goose
Username: Goose

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

victory t-shirts for sale

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.