Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » The Edmund Place « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1307
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

http://www.edmundplace.com/ind ex.html

What a great rehab! I was excited to see the website.

Hybridy
Username: Hybridy

Post Number: 31
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

haha
it has been posted previously
but i was just looking for link this very second
wierd
u read my mind man

Quickdrawmcgraw
Username: Quickdrawmcgraw

Post Number: 82
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What ever happened to the building that housed the restaurant Edmund's Place?

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 189
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://fadeddetroit.blogspot.c om/2004_12_01_fadeddetroit_arc hive.html

http://fadeddetroit.blogspot.c om/2005_04_01_fadeddetroit_arc hive.html

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 738
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Edmund's Place burned years ago. We were quite sad, because it was, by far, the best place to get Southern Cookin'! I believe it is this same building they are saving. It was a shell, but salavagable... I mean, if they could save those Row Houses on John R? they can save this!

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 1216
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Edmund Place was demolished during the Carlton renovations. The building in this URL is at the end of the next block by Brush.

Mauser765

Post Number: 1217
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Text description

Text description

Mauser765

Post Number: 1218
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

e3

Heres a before restoration photo of the Edmund Place condo development

And these below are the former Edmund Place restaurant

Text description

Text description

Text description

Text description

Detroitduo

Post Number: 741
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 6:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah, it's the place across the street. It's too bad they brought the original Edmund's Place building down. I have many fond memories. Thanks for the update.

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 75
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 6:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those memories must not be that fond because it's down the block like Mowwow said above.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1685
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 6:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The place across the street from where the Edmund Place restaurant was is called the Lucien Moore House and is being renovated as the Moorie Townhouse Estates (http://www.platinumbldg.com/ht ml/body_detroit-brush_park.htm l). As you can see from the photos of the two buildings, the Moore house and the above-mentioned Edmund Place condo one block east do resemble one another in some respects.

Detroitduo

Post Number: 742
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. Thanks Buddyinrichmond. I didn't realize that the Lucien Moore House and the new Edmund Place building looked so much alike. But then again, why would anyone want refrain themselves from making a smart ass remark all the way from Richmond? FU!

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1701
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

the Moore house and the above-mentioned Edmund Place condo one block east do resemble one another in some respects.

I think it's this description of the location that has everyone confused. The Lucien Moore House is not a block away from the Edmund Place site, unless we consider almost directly across the street a block away. But in that case it would be south and not east.

Kathleen - perhaps you are thinking of the Ransom Gillis? These mansion redevelopment all look alike you know...
:-)

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1686
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not sure who all is confused by the above postings...I know that I was at one point, but to clarify, three Edmund Street sites have been mentioned in this thread:

Edmund Place (the restaurant that burned and has been razed and now is part of the Carlton parking lot)

Edmund Place Condo development (on the same north side of the street, but a block to the east)

Lucien Moore House (across the street from the Edmund Place restaurant site)

The Lucien Moore House (now Moorie Townhouse Estates) and the Edmund Place Condo development are similar in appearance.

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1705
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A-HA! I was the one confused! I think...

Detroitduo

Post Number: 743
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No! Yes! No... wait...

I was only confused about the Lucien More house and the Edmund Place condo house. They look so similar. But thank you Llyn for helping me feel better. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.