Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » This is nice of Mike... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3247
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20061109/BUS INESS06/611090347/1002/

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 277
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike Illitch was a Marine!?

Anyway, I think this might just be a way of getting more franchises out there while making good PR at the same time.

And then he might personally want to help veterans too, I guess, lol.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3277
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dunno, is this really a good deal? The investor will still have to pony up a lot of money "A typical Little Caesars store costs $175,000 to $300,000 to build and equip, said David Scrivano, Little Caesars president." <-And that's just start up cost.

Pizza is already an over-traded business so there is a lot of risk involved. Little Caesars was not exactly booming last I heard, but as it is privately held it is difficult to know for sure. However it was that long ago that they cut back about 400 stores amid declining sales.

Looking for the franchise authorities to fact check me and this offer...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.