Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Wrestlemania Dowtown Detroit! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Frenchman_in_the_d
Username: Frenchman_in_the_d

Post Number: 104
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"WRESTLEMANIA 23: It's a downtown smackdown"

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=2006611100459

Not at all a fan of WWE and/or scripted fighting matches, but thrilled at yet another great event taking place downtown at Ford Field!
I really hope Detroit will continue capitalizing on such large popular and crowd magnet events!

Jdkeepsmiling
Username: Jdkeepsmiling

Post Number: 129
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmmmmmmm.... no comment

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 1708
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Which Dow Town did the OP have in mind?

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 173
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I already marked my calendar. I want to be sure NOT to go downtown that night. This crowd will make the Hoedown crowd look like aristocrats. BTW Ticket prices go as high as $750? I would think that anyone who could afford that much would know better than to attend.

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 2928
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the creative class of professional athletes ...

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 278
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I really don't like wrestling, but that's nice there's another even being hosted.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10861
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't believe what I'm hearing. What happened to all the Hulkamaniacs out there?

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 478
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It ain't been the same since Dick the Bruiser went to that big wrestling ring in the sky.

Frenchman_in_the_d
Username: Frenchman_in_the_d

Post Number: 105
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's hilarious Rustic!
"the creative class of professional athletes"

Please take the time to watch the 3mn video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9K-wEUCCvE0

Yay to Wrestemania! LOL!

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 174
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it a coincidence that it is on April Fools Day? Or is that the promoters way of poking fun at the attendees?

Toybreaker
Username: Toybreaker

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm designing one of Johnny Nitro's fur coats, so I should be there. Haven't been since 4th grade. It should be quite a trip.

Kilgore_south
Username: Kilgore_south

Post Number: 205
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol @ Supersport... remember that godawful song he did back in the '80s? "I wanna be a Hulkamaniac, have fun with my family and friends." Ew!

I'm definitely going. Should be a uniquely surreal night in the D.

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 154
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a perfect time to rob Taylortucky.

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 185
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am a fan of WWF 1985-1993.....this recent stuff is crap; what the heck happened to the family oriented entertainment?......bring back Brutus the Barber Beefcake, Million Dollar Man, the Bushwhackers, Demolition, Koko B. Ware, Jake the Snake Roberts and the Honky Tonk Man……..I suggest these guys because they are literally the only ones still alive besides Hogan, Macho Man and the Ultimate Warrior………..although, I did see the Ultimate Warrior speak about a year ago in Chicago and I have to say he is insane; he is a conservative motivational speaker that thinks all homosexuals should be put to death and that all Muslims are really terrorists and should be wiped out with an A bomb. You gotta love old wrestling.

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 186
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am a fan of WWF 1985-1993.....this recent stuff is crap; what the heck happened to the family oriented entertainment?......bring back Brutus the Barber Beefcake, Million Dollar Man, the Bushwhackers, Demolition, Koko B. Ware, Jake the Snake Roberts and the Honky Tonk Man……..I suggest these guys because they are literally the only ones still alive besides Hogan, Macho Man and the Ultimate Warrior………..although, I did see the Ultimate Warrior speak about a year ago in Chicago and I have to say he is insane; he is a conservative motivational speaker that thinks all homosexuals should be put to death and that all Muslims are really terrorists and should be wiped out with an A bomb. You gotta love old wrestling.

Beadgrl
Username: Beadgrl

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope it boosts the restaurant and bar revenues for that night!

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 46
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My dad was a garbageman back in the late 60's. "Good pay and all you can eat!" he would always say. Anyway, his claim to fame is that the Sheik's house was on his route. Not the Iron Sheik mind you but the original Sheik. The stuff today is too slick and over-the-top. I much prefer the 70's Big Time Wrestling. Anyway, this should be a great event for the city. I just wonder why they do it on a Sunday. Wouldn't it be better on a Saturday?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.