Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » CMU vs WMU « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10868
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just wanted to thank WMU alumni for their team's pathetic effort in which CMU rolled to a 31-7 victory. CMU clinched the west division championship and will take the field at Ford Field on November 30th for the MAC Championship game.

Go Chippewas!

http://www.cm-life.com/vnews/d isplay.v/ART/2006/11/10/45556c 089eb11

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 635
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It wasn't a very good result for this WMU alum. Congrats on the win.

Also, congrats to all 20 of your fans that stayed past halftime to see your school's biggest win in years. That was a sight to see.

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 154
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The weather was unbelievable. I went home at halftime, took a warm shower and put on 5 layers of dry clothes before trekking back for the 3rd quarter. It was well worth it, and watching CMU beat Western, and celebrating on the field with the team is something I'll remember for a looong time. GO FIRE UP CHIPS!!

Andy - CMU rugger and die-hard football fan

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10872
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 2:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

{Also, congrats to all 20 of your fans that stayed past halftime to see your school's biggest win in years. That was a sight to see.}

As well as all 5 that made the trip from WMU and toughed out the weather....smartass.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 636
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heh, Andyguard, I did that exact thing 2 years ago...I think that was the year that the game started out sunny and beautiful, but by the 2nd quarter, it was about 30 with 40mph winds.

Ah, WMU-CMU. It's all part of the show. Too bad they had it on a fucking Friday to try to get TV that never happened, so I couldn't make it out from Chicago.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4510
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations to CMU in beating WMU Broncos. Hopefully, you can bring the MAC Cup to Michigan for a damn change, eh.

jjaba, WMU Class of '63.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.