Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Photo Du Jour - November 15 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 5993
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 6:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is today's P.D.J.

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 702
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

9th picture down, what is it? Looks like it might have been an old hotel of some kind that was converted to apartments. Reminds me of some small town hotels.

Aiw

Post Number: 5994
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As far as I know Douglasm, the place was built as an apartment building. There were a lot of transient resident buildings built around 1920 in the area.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4472
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great shots of a very tidy Canadian town, although Roundup could be used to control sidewalk weeds. You got Roundup in Canada?

Very nice for an older neighborhood, hardly Ghettohood, eh.

jjaba, westsider.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5196
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That Windsor Ghettohood remains me of Detroit in the 1920s. I like where the folks in Windsor keep up with the property. Violent crime is almost non-existant that you can unlock your front door and don't get robbed.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7122
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AIW in a gingham dress, letting a pie cool on the window sill while Goat goes fishin' in the fishin' pond...

Aiw

Post Number: 5995
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

you can unlock your front door and don't get robbed.

Must be great Danny to live in a fantasy land.

In real life I have two large abandonned buildings, directly across the street from me, and a parking lot used by hookers and drug dealers. Robberies are common, and just yesterday 4 block from me there was an armed robbery, last year there was a murder one street west, three blocks north.

While not commonplace, violent crime does occur.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 659
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aiw,

The photography hides any of that well. It also looks rather tropical for this time of year in the W or the D.

We will need to see more of these in the coming months.

Hit24sqft
Username: Hit24sqft

Post Number: 48
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like where the folks in Windsor keep up with the property. Violent crime is almost non-existant that you can unlock your front door and don't get robbed.

>>> why is that ?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.