Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » The Ellington... When are people going to move in? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Wordonthestreet
Username: Wordonthestreet

Post Number: 126
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems like we have been waiting a long time to finally have people moving into this project.

Does anyone know when residents are going to move into The Ellington. When I drive by at night, there never seems to be lights on.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1392
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there are a few "sold" signs in the windows of various units...i imagine move-in must be imminent

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 277
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

more than a few...basically all the woodward facing units are sold and most of the other units

Troy
Username: Troy

Post Number: 194
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have heard of one person that had money down and desired to live there but backed out due the length of time and movement of dates.

Mcpd1300
Username: Mcpd1300

Post Number: 133
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I work directly across from the Ellington and can't wait for not only the Kinko's to open, but also for the tenants to move in. For the longest time they had "SOLD" signs in every Woodward facing unit. The other day it appeared there was a dad and college age son out on the balcony smoking and chit chatting.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 887
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Kinkos has been open for about 2 weeks now Mcpd1300, I've used it several times already.

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 343
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Starbucks is jammin

Mrjoshua
Username: Mrjoshua

Post Number: 989
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That Starbucks is jammin. The only challenge is in dealing with the bums who I believe try to smell as bad as possible just so you'll give them money to leave your sitting space (or to escape to the bathroom for 90 minute intervals).

Reetz12
Username: Reetz12

Post Number: 105
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are 55 units in the building---about 75% sold.

They have been doing a final owners punch list the last couple of weeks. Unfortunatley they can not get a final C of O, due to an air quality issue in the residence.

Tetsua

Post Number: 889
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What causes an air quality issue in a new place like the Ellington?

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1847
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 1:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Real quick question ... "we" have been waiting so long for people to move in ... but what exactly does the Ellington owe us?

This is as retarded as "riverfront development is happening too slowly for me."

Pull it together people. It'll take as long as it takes. If you aren't in a position to change things then STFU.

Seriously. What a bunch of armchair quarterbacks.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2322
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

What causes an air quality issue in a new place like the Ellington?

Usually it's a lack of make up air. New buildings are more air tight than older buildings. Since the buildings aren't as leaky, you have to provide what is known as make up air. If you don't provide enough, gas appliances, bathroom and stove vents don't function correctly. The air can also become stale from people's breathing. Chemicals that are outgassed from new products and common household products are trapped within the building. It can lead to health issues for people in the building. A lack of makeup air can cause carbon monoxide poisoning in buildings that have gas heaters and appliances.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3308
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^Good points Ndavies. Indoor air everywhere is typically 2-3 times more polluted than outdoor due to reasons above. Add outgassing from things like carpet, cleaning fluids, electrical appliances and more and it is a good idea in this age of total climate control summer and winter to frequently open the windows and air out one's residence. With all the concern about pollution I am always surprised this flag is not more highly raised.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1957
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Real quick question ... "we" have been waiting so long for people to move in ... but what exactly does the Ellington owe us?

This is as retarded as "riverfront development is happening too slowly for me."

Pull it together people. It'll take as long as it takes. If you aren't in a position to change things then STFU.

Seriously. What a bunch of armchair quarterbacks

A wee bit testy for 1:53 am. Must have had to go home alone.

Tetsua

Post Number: 894
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for explaining Ndavies. How does a building compensate for the lack of Make up air?

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2326
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They add an outside air intake and exhaust to the HVAC system. This draws fresh air in from the outside and exhausts the stale air. They include a way to transfer heat between the intake and exhaust. This allows them to preheat or cool the incoming air. This stops the precious heat/cold from being vented outside.

I'm sure their design included it. It just may not be functioning as well as planned.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.