Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » P-O-R-C-H-E-S « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Banta156
Username: Banta156

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P-O-R-C-H-E-S,
How am I gonna tell people about my beautiful Porches?!?!?

Anyone remember that? :-)

First Post! Glad I found this site!

Banta156

Nanska
Username: Nanska

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 6:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that an ad line from Mr. Belvedere? I always thought he was so slimy as a child!

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1304
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always was impressed with importing stone all the way from from Kenya,
"and beautiful Kenyan stone on the front of your house"

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5212
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BUMP!!!!!

Banta156
Username: Banta156

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Mr. Belvedere, You're on!

I AM?

Big Porches, Small Porches...

Yes, glad to see I wasn't the only one who was haunted by this guy interrupting my cartoons everyday.

Remember Call Tyler8 - 7100.

Or something close to that. What was the name of the company he was pushing for?

Banta156

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1700
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought this thread would be to share memories of growing up with a real front or back porch as featured in older homes around Detroit. For the last several decades, homes have been built with small porches and accompanied by a patio or deck in the back.

I grew up with a front porch that spanned the width of the house and had two sets of stairs with a landing in between. I so enjoyed sitting on the front porch talking with friends and neighbors...and sitting back in my chair with my feet up on the railing, shaded under a canopy of tall trees, reading away in the late summer afternoon or after dinner. Then as dusk rolled in, I enjoyed watching all the cars, and waving to friends as they drove on by.

We never had a back porch to sit on. And today, out in the 'burbs, I really miss the front porch. Everybody sits in the back, if they are out at all, so that old neighborhood camaraderie that I so enjoyed growing up has been lost.

Flybydon
Username: Flybydon

Post Number: 54
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: What was the name of the company he was pushing for?

Remembering he was kind of creepy looking, his name was Mr. Belvedere, Belvedere Construction. Spent a lot of summer nights sleeping on the front porch as it to hot for sleep in my attic bedroom. It was like camping for me except less the camp fire. Dad wouldn’t allow that. Sometimes I would bring out my crystal radio, attach the ground wire to the water pipe and spend most of the night trying to tune stations as far away as New York. The Good Old Days

Southdetroit
Username: Southdetroit

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the best PORCHES were the 911 + 928

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 74
Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're kinda missing an S there, Outhdetroit.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.