Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Squad Room Saloon « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bushay
Username: Bushay

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm an eastsider and in my late teens and early 20's [im 47 now], I played a lot of hockey and the teams were sponsored by a lot of bars around the eastside. Wooley Bully's, Cadieux Cafe, Jac's Detour, Wooden Nichol and many others along Mack and Harper over the years. One of the bars when I was very young was called the Squad Room. For the life of me I cant remember the location of this place. Can anyone help? Anyone remember playing for or against the Squad Room bar?

Gargoyle
Username: Gargoyle

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm thinking Houston-Whittier not too far from Kelly, but it's been a long time and I was, after all, drinking.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 663
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was as well...
around 1979/1980... with a bunch of cops...

and I did ok on the foosball table.

Houston-Whittier sounds like the area... with a quick nightcap at Barney's Horseshoe Bar to top it off!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.