Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Photos du de Troit - 24 November « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 2111
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, now that I have my own name for a series of photos that doesn't infringe on Aiw's trademark, I thought I'd share some of the photos that I took this morning.

Take a look at this one: http://flickr.com/photos/fneme cek/305285017/

There's also a blog posting about the photo set and more photos on the Warrendale (Detroit) Blog. http://warrendale.blogspot.com /2006/11/foggy-friday-morning- in-warrendale.html

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1434
Posted on Saturday, November 25, 2006 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now, what you want to do fnemecek, is hop over to Belle Isle and take the same picture of the same area of one of the two cannons in front of the Dossin Museum so we can compare barrel and bore sizes. The Dossin cannons once stood in front of old City Hall in what later became Kennedy square.
I am curious as to which is bigger, and what similarities and differences they have.
It's up to you. Go for it and report back!!

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4507
Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Frank. Great photos.

jjaba was a locker room attendent, Rouge Pools, summer 1964. Back then, the pools were veryt popular and tons of people used them on hot Summer Days. jjaba also remembers the tabaggon slides.

jjaba.

Pistonian_revolution
Username: Pistonian_revolution

Post Number: 45
Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks, frank. you're the bastion of honor for all of warrendaleshire.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3353
Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your photos are from right near the abandoned riverside esplanade that Babsomatic turned us onto many moons ago.

esplandade

BTW Frank, I caught you touting Detroit Synergy on WUOM last week. Good for you.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.