Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Photo Du Jour - November 27 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6024
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 6:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here today, gone tomorrow... Today's P.D.J.

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 139
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How sad. I thought Canadians had more respect for their history than that.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1727
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A real shame. That building appeared to be in good condition exteriorwise, and could have been put to good use!

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 56
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah; definitely. There are buildings being rehabbed in the D that have been vacant a lot longer than 8 years. Also, I bet that some of them had infestation problems let alone many other problems.

Fastcarsfreedom
Username: Fastcarsfreedom

Post Number: 82
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is a loss--that was a terrific old building. I was in that place many times when Big Brothers of Windsor-Essex County occupied it--narrow stairs, creaky floors, small offices--it was a great old place.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 425
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The sad thing is knowing what CBS outdoors does, that spot will most likely become a giant billboard; or a staging area for billboards.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3356
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Un-f-ing believable! "...weren’t keen on the liability of the rodent infested building."

Hopefully the rats will migrate to CBS and take up residents with the ones that tore that beauty down.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6025
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well the building next door is a great 1940's era streamlined moderne building that also might be next for the bulldozers as the operations look to be consolodated in Toronto.

Beadgrl
Username: Beadgrl

Post Number: 54
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sad...The house looked fine to me. Call pest control for the rats. How disappointing. :-(

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8996
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't believe it's gone that quickly!
I inquired about that house about a year ago and the owners did not want to sell. I wanted to either restore it there or was going to look into the possibility of moving the house but the owners wouldn't budge.
I then inquired about possibly purchasing the doors and mouldings/casings but again was rebuffed.
How much does anyone want to bet that it was all bulldozed into a junk heap without any salvage whatsoever?
Another loss for this city..what a shame.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4512
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And jjaba was hoping to cruise over for bricks for his backyard barbeque.
He was hoping to stack them on top of some "imported Tartan sweaters and kilts" in the pick-up.

Sad to see that Victorian-going-Italianate knocked down, eh. The bricks alone could have become something. Windsor won't get any Green Bldgs. awards from jjaba today.

jjaba, Werstside Preservationist.

Traxus
Username: Traxus

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awesome!

I bet that location will make a killer parking lot.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4513
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Traxus, welcome to the Forum. We already like your values.
Pave Paradise, put up a parking lot...

jjaba, Fan of Joni Mitchell

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4767
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't believe they tore that down, and so soon. Wow!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.