Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Boston Edison Light tours « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 950
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want to take my mom on Dec 18 to the home light tours, Do i need to register or do I just go, also does Indian Village have something like this?

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No home light tours...but you can go on home holiday tours (inside) for $.

Here's info on indian village:

Saturday, December 9, at 3 p.m. is "Rejoice in the
Season", the Woman's Garden Club's annual Christmas
Scholarship Tour of Indian Village homes.
Tour goers will meet at Iroquois Avenue Christ
Lutheran Church, and then tour five homes and enjoy
light refreshments.
Tickets are $30/person or two for $55. Please make
checks payable to WNF&GA-IV Branch and drop them off
at 1431 Seminole. The canceled check will be your
receipt.
THE DEADLINE FOR RESERVATIONS HAS BEEN CHANGED TO
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 29. Tickets are limited to 140 and
this is usually a sell out event. Any available
tickets after Nov. 29 are $50 per person.
All tour proceeds support the Artelia Bowne Court
Scholarship Fund, given annually to college students.
Call Betty Roberts at 822-8111 for more information.

Here's info on Palmer Woods Tour: http://www.palmerwoods.org/eve ntsA.html

Of course if you just want to drive at night, that's no problem...unless you slow down in IVA...the security service might shoot you. Just kidding. Har har har.

Magnasco
Username: Magnasco

Post Number: 183
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hear the drive up along Jefferson through the Pointes is really festive, but have never done it. Definitely no stopping there at Shoreline or whatever it is called there. The signs say so!

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GP police cars will ram detroit-registered vehicles into the lake if they linger for more than 5 seconds...

hahahah. ah that's a good laugh.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1737
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chitaku: Are you talking about the Boston Edison Holiday Home Tour on Sunday, December 17?

Tickets are $20 and must be ordered in advance. I can post additional details later today, if you are interested.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 148
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"No fishing, swimming, picnicking or loitering" says one version of the sign on Lakeshore. The other version says "No fishing, swimming, picnicking," so you can loiter there, I guess.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 951
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes Kathleen, thanks for the help

Kathleen

Post Number: 1738
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2006 Boston Edison Holiday Home Tour

Sunday, December 17, 2006, 10am-4pm.

Historic Boston-Edison Association’s 32nd Holiday Homes Tour takes you inside 5 outstanding examples of historic Detroit properties. Resident tour guides will show and tell about their homes. Afterwards, enjoy complimentary refreshments and Boston-Edison historic exhibits at the historic Sacred Heart Seminary. Tour buses leave Sacred Heart Seminary every 20 minutes starting at 10am until 4pm.

Tickets must be purchased in advance; you may request a specific departure time. $20 per person. Call the Hotline to request a ticket order form: 313-883-4360 (if the Mailbox is full, press 4). This tour usually sells out and the morning tours are filled by Thanksgiving.

Kathleen

Post Number: 1739
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FYI...this tour is worth the price of the ticket. Last year we toured the Berry Gordy Mansion; the year before, we toured the Siegel mansion on the corner of Boston Blvd. and Second. What a treat!!!

Kathleen

Post Number: 1774
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a reminder of the upcoming Boston Edison Holiday Home tour on Sunday, December 17....

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.