Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Park Bar, open yet? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Webvomit
Username: Webvomit

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know if Park Bar has opened yet? If so, has anyone been there? What's it like?

http://modeldmedia.com/develop mentnews/parkbar70.aspx

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1060
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard it's opening this weekend (12/8). It was open a week ago for a preview.

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1099
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It IS open NOW!
Had a great time there Friday and Saturday night. It is a BEAUTIFUL bar, the staff and owner are AWESOME.
Go check it out and spend a lot of money there!

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 149
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blondy, I was actually there on Saturday night too. Spent a bit too much money there but hey, they've got some decent beers on tap (mmmmm, Stella).

My only gripe is that the TVs were on widescreen format and they weren't piping the sound from the game into the speakers.

Messykitty
Username: Messykitty

Post Number: 189
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Piping the sound from the game through the speakers would be a good way to ensure that I turn around and walk right out the door.

Sticks

Post Number: 150
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

True, I guess that would turn it more into a sports-bar atmosphere than a lounge/bar type atmosphere.

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went by last Wednesday and the owner greater my friend and I, who were dissapointed they hadn't opened yet, with a personal tour. He seemed like a really great guy. He said he had been waiting on his license. Nice place. Nice compliment to Park.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1585
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Park is moving right along with new bars adding to the Town Pump. I hope they are all getting enough business to keep going. I have been to the Town Pump a bunch of times, Centaur, and Cliff Bells - all excellent spots!

Bobzilla
Username: Bobzilla

Post Number: 64
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last night I went to the new Park Ave. Bar, then to Centaur, and then to Cliff Bell's (for the 16-piece jazz orchestra).

Jerry B. did a great job on the circular bar at the Park Avenue Bar. Great woodwork. Also, they have Strohs on tap, plus a good selection of fine imported beer on tap. I think they are having some kind of grand opening shindig tonight.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 969
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remember folks, the FSC (Forum Social Club) is meeting at the Park Bar tonight. All are welcome.

Illwill
Username: Illwill

Post Number: 84
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit is booming!!

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 85
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You mean RISING right?

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11000
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You mean BANG-ing right?

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is that how you get to 11,000 posts? With posts like that? Man, I might as well hang it up right here and now. Otherwise I won't have time for my studies.
Maybe you should get busy patrolling your neighborhood, vigilante-style.

Gambling_man
Username: Gambling_man

Post Number: 909
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For all you youngins' out there, I can remember a decade ago sitting at the Town Pump thinking what a great bar district Park Avenue would make.....granted it has taken a decade, but I'm just happy it's coming.

Harmonie
Username: Harmonie

Post Number: 658
Posted on Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gambling Man... we probably crossed paths back then at the Pump. Though I'm a youngin, I've still been going to the bar for 10 years...and I started off at the Pump:-)

I'm glad about the new bars too...especially Cliff Bells and the Park Bar. Not a big fan of Centaur, (proof) or even the Pump anymore.

Spaceboykelly
Username: Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 185
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the Park Bar like? Does anyone have a more telling photo or photos [than that one on ModelD]?

Cliff Bells is beautiful and in my opinion the nicest looking bar in the city. Every detail is planned out--right down to the wonderfully chichi soap dispensers.

Mrjoshua
Username: Mrjoshua

Post Number: 1062
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A friend told me even a Labatt's draft is $5. Don't they have PBR?

Sticks

Post Number: 154
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They have PBR - and Strohs - on tap. Supposedly the draught Strohs has been selling like crazy. Don't know the prices of those because, why would I want PBR or Strohs when I can have Stella Artois or one of four brews from Motor City Brew Co?

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 327
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PBR....cheap college beer

Mrjoshua
Username: Mrjoshua

Post Number: 1067
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sticks, Stella goes down great, but waking up to her is another story.

Rokk_krinn
Username: Rokk_krinn

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 7:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know the address / phone number, or if there is a website? Thanks.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We tried to go Friday night at around 10:15. We were turned away...private party. They didn't open to the public until 10:30.

It was so cold out Friday and we were freezing so we just ran (literally) down to Centaur for a cocktail instead (haven't been in a while). Anyway...hoping to get to this bar sooner or later.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 173
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See the Model D article linked at the top of this thread:

quote:

The Park Bar is set to open ... at the corner of Park Avenue and West Elizabeth Street

Rokk_krinn
Username: Rokk_krinn

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know where it is - I just need a phone number. Want to go there Wed night after my wife's graduation, and want to have some friends meet there. Need to make sure they are open on Wed nights. I've been all over Google and can't seem to find a phone #.

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes, they are open every night.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.