Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Model D profiles probably the most interesting Detroiter alive « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 311
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://modeldmedia.com/feature s/davis73.aspx

just read

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1856
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So Apbest, what is your connection with Model D? You have been posting links before they are published on the website or go out in email.

Just curious.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10965
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always get mine by the time he posts them. Perhaps it's just you hipster.

Dillpicklesoup
Username: Dillpicklesoup

Post Number: 250
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

interesting- at one point in time a few of Detroit's founding fathers wanted to paint over the murals at the dia- they considered them to be a touch too communistic-
hehehe

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1522
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After finishing the DIA's murals Rivera went to work on a commission from Nelson Rockefeller for murals for the RCA Building in New York. Rivera was paid off and let go before being allowed to finish his work, which was immediately covered over. Rivera had included Lenin's face in the piece and refused to change or remove it. He offered to include Abraham Lincoln, too, but his compromise wasn't accepted by the powers that were. Their loss.

I'm glad we have our murals.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 831
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pablo rocks.

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1857
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I always get mine by the time he posts them. Perhaps it's just you hipster."

Oh really? I happen to know they always go out Tuesday mornings, not Mondays.

Why don't you share with us some of the other Model D headlines for tomorrow, Carnac?

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 312
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they get published on the main page on tuesday, but if you click under development or features links on the toolbar, sometimes they publish them on monday evenings. I have no connection to ModelD, I just check the site on monday nights

Pistonian_revolution
Username: Pistonian_revolution

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i started laughing with awe when i saw that first foto of pablo davis. he looks like a wildman (in a wonderful way). he looks like he has seen god and lived to tell about it. his appearance seems to embody everything beautiful about an elderly sage-like old man who has lived a good life.

what an incredible picture, what an incredible man, what an wonderful article.

-- i just happen to have had a wonderful night and am filled with joy. so, maybe i simply saw what i was already feeling and i projected that onto pablo. he really does look like a wise old wildman though.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.