Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Questions for Detroit! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Fan_of_d
Username: Fan_of_d

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all! Does anyone know of any downtown loft/warehouse spaces that cater to musicians? Percussion is my heavy hobby. I would consider a post-graduation move to Detroit if these spaces/communities existed. Do they? Will they? Friends of mine lived on Michigan Ave.,between 17th and 18th, where I played when invited. Any useful information would be highly coveted. So thanks for checking out my post!

Uma_von_futures
Username: Uma_von_futures

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just heard about an artist co-op opening in Midtown. The area east of Woodward, South of Canfield, West of John R and North of Willis is going to be an arts enclave, with subsidized housing for artists.
I just saw it as part of the UCCA's presentation on Midtown last week. You can go to www.detroitmidtown.com and request some information.

You may also want to check out the Brooklyn Lofts. Those are a bit like the freshman dorms. They have some that are noise friendly. These are owned by a company that has many other loft rentals, so you may want to ask them for the phone numbers for the other loft buildings.

The Russell Industrial Center rents loft space, but not for residential use.

The Bohemian National home also has living space for rent. This is part time a music venue, so noise is not a problem.

I think I have heard about that space on Michigan Ave. I know there are other spaces out there, it's just a matter of keeping your ears open.

Fan_of_d
Username: Fan_of_d

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the bevy of resources Uma von futures.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.