Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » Building on Seward- I need advice « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a four story apartment building on Seward near the Lodge that has an elevator; murphy beds; new carpet appliances; magnificent lobby etc. The rent is only $455 month, and with concrete walls-floors and ceiling I probably wouldn't hear too much neighbor noise, but it is in midtown and it doesn't take a degree in sociology to know that although that particular block on Seward is relatively peaceful,five or more blocks in either direction there are some very shady neighborhoods. Should I take the place? Also, I was considering basic auto insurance but am concerned about my auto rates rising, and also worry about the city keeping the roads clear in winter. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 86
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The city plows streets when it snows over 6 inches.

220hendrie1910
Username: 220hendrie1910

Post Number: 51
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't live in the D, but I do recall a number of posts on this forum bemoaning the disorderliness of the apartment blocks on Seward nearer to Woodward, as well as some Section 8 housing. It might do you good to walk those three blocks a few times to see if you feel comfortable there.

Owner-occupied in Ottawa.

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 403
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The corner of Woodward and Seward is a prostitute heaven. The apts on Seward ,down from that corner party store are very misleading because they are very nice looking with beautiful exteriors yet are in a very shady neighborhood.

Do more investigations before committing.

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bussey, are you suggestting Terry try out the prostitutes?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.