Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Laundry Facility Needed « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tkierpiec
Username: Tkierpiec

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, I think I'm posting this in the right place this time! :-)

Bear with me, people - I'm in the process of moving from Ann Arbor to Detroit and to be honest, I'm clueless about a lot of things so far. But ever since I was a little girl, I have been fascinated with Detroit. I grew up in a small northern Michigan town and always knew someday I would move here. My first memory of Detroit is getting lost outside of Tiger Stadium when I was about 8-9. I somehow got separated from my family and I wandered the streets for a few hours before I was found. Oddly enough, I wasn't frightened. I loved everything I saw.

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked. The place I am moving into does not have a laundry facility. I plan to buy a washer & dryer and have it installed but that won't happen right away so I need to know where I might find a decent place to do my laundry in the meantime. I'll be living near Trumbull & 1-94. Any recs?

I'm sure I am going to need a ton more recommendations for things in the coming weeks. I only know 1 person in Detroit and he's a musician who is rarely home so I can't depend on him too much. TIA!

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1604
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2nd street laundry, it just reopened under new managment, it is in the little strip mall on the southwest corner of second ave, and prentis st.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f= q&hl=en&q=second+ave+at+prenti s+st,+detroit,+mi&sll=37.0625, -95.677068&sspn=35.357014,60.8 20313&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=4 2.352677,-83.067176&spn=0.0080 56,0.014849&om=1&iwloc=addr

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 153
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's an abundance of words used for a simple request. You are going to fit right in.

Tkierpiec
Username: Tkierpiec

Post Number: 19
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, Buddy. Yes, I tend to use 10 words when one would suffice. :-)

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 184
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so, the new 2nd street laundry is good? i need to do laundry- bad!

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1129
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Somebody had hot-crotch yesterday! ^

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 185
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

umm, gross.

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 312
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Living in Woodbridge?

Anyways, there's a laundromat on the west side of Grand River, just north of I-94. Never been in there but saw it plenty of times when I was hopping on the freeway.

But yeah, if 2nd St is open again I'd give that place a shot.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.