Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » FSC for Thursday May 10 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11548
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This week we will be meeting at Jacoby's.

Miketoronto
Username: Miketoronto

Post Number: 541
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How late do you guys meet up till????????
And where is Jacoby's?

Supersport

Post Number: 11555
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

People show up around 8 pm and later, some people often staying until closing time. I'm usually there till around 11:30 or so. Here is a map with directions.

http://www.google.com/maps?hl= en&q=Jacoby%27s&near=Detroit,+ MI&cid=0,0,1103143647335367879 2&ll=42.332057,-83.042125&spn= 0,.02&iwstate1=dir:to&iwloc=A& f=d&daddr=624+Brush+St,+Detroi t,+MI+48226,+USA&sa=X&oi=local &ct=directions-to&cd=1

Miketoronto

Post Number: 542
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Am I allowed to come eventhough I don't live in Detroit and you guys don't know me to well?

I am actually going to be on my way to Chicago with some architecture friends, and we are pulling into Detroit in the evening on the 10th and staying overnight in Detroit. So I thought maybe I would drop by to say hello if we get in at a good time.

How do I know who the Detroityes group is in the bar?

Supersport

Post Number: 11556
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, we allow you to come even though you're Canadian. We're easy to spot, as we usually account for a large number of the customers on a Thursday night.

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 289
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You could always wear a nametag, I suppose.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 2136
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This might help.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9399
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look for the bald-headed douchebag with the little furry chin. He will also be holding a LaBatt's Blue.

Supersport

Post Number: 11558
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, watch what you sa.....uh, well...that sounds about right. Look for the bald-headed douchebag, though the chin ain't furry, it's just a strip. :-)

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9402
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad you had a good time in Windsor. Next time let me know a bit earlier and I can tell you a few other places to see as well.

Supersport

Post Number: 11559
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We were very impressed! The houses are amazing, the river parks are amazing, the view of Detroit is the only one that tops that of the crest of the River Rouge overpass on I75. Italian Town was simply awesome, and worthy of a trip back for dinner some time soon.

Funny thing, as we walked out of the visitors bureau, a girl around our age said "There really isn't much to see in Windsor, you need to head out of the city." She recommended Point Pele, just as one of my neighbors did, but that's a trip for another day. Plus, we new there was PLENTY to see in Windsor, sometimes the locals simply don't realize what all they have. We could have walked the neighborhoods for hours and been plenty satisfied with our trip.

Miketoronto

Post Number: 547
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I do make it out to the meet, I will have a Detroit T-Shirt on. Either a 53 WOODWARD bus shirt, our a DETROIT SOUL shirt.
Or maybe a EAST ST LOUIS FEEL THE MAGIC SHIRT. So if you see a guy with any of those on, just yell for me.

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I might be coming down to the metro area for a funeral. I hope I can make it to the bar too!

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 169
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What kind of Detroit themed attire will you be wearing?

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will be wearing the following...

1. Dirty T-Shirt that says "Show me the money"

2. Old Nike Athletic pants, holes in left knee

3. A Parka

4. Worn out Jordans with my toes sticking out, missing left laces

5. Striped Canvas bag holding WWE wrestling magazines

6. Dirty white Newport Cigarettes Hat

7. Styrofoam cup with 20 cents in change

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1072
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last FSC I mentioned my matchbook collection. I have a bunch of dupes. Would there be any interest in me bringing these to the next FSC? I'm not asking much, like a buck each, or just a little more if the Matchbook happens to be extravagant.

(Message edited by cambrian on May 09, 2007)

Supersport

Post Number: 11561
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not allowed to play with matches any more, since that one incident.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1638
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I may stop by after 9 pm... I'll be wearing the Toyota T-shirt. :-)

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1074
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool! I'll be wearing the "Got Rice?" T-shirt.

Harmonie
Username: Harmonie

Post Number: 703
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You people plan ahead too much!
I'll be wearing whatever I pick out right before I walk out the door.
oh..and a smile...I pretty much always wear a smile cuz you know "You're never fully dressed without a smile:-)"
Ok...so I've had some caffeine today.

Supersport

Post Number: 11564
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good turnout last night, a good dozen or so strong. Somebody put in a request to start hitting The Well on a more regular basis with the warm weather upon us. We will soon start visiting The Well every other Thursday, but next week we are visiting Abick's in southwest.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.