Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Detroit Tourist « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Hidihoman
Username: Hidihoman

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the fastest, cheapest, best way to get from the airport to downtown Detroit ....oh and safest.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2606
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are only 2 ways to get in and out of Metro airport. Car or bus. I wouldn't recommend the bus if you actually have to be somewhere.

So that leaves private car, rental car, taxi or Limo. If you need to get around once you're here, you need to rent a car. Our mass transit system sucks.

Bobzilla
Username: Bobzilla

Post Number: 78
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have taken the Smart bus a couple of times from the airport to downtown Detroit. The bus leaves Metro airport approximately every hour, and then it takes about 75 minutes to get downtown. The cost to get downtown -- $1.50.

I also took a cab once -- $40, plus tip.

Take your time. Take the bus.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1260
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.checkersedan.com/

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.