Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » FSC for Thursday May 17 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11565
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This week we will be meeting at Abick's Bar in southwest Detroit. The bar is located near Michigan and Livernois, here is a map to get you there. I'm hoping that Fury13 can join us once again so that we can continue our in depth discussion of preservatives in ice cream, now that we have thoroughly covered fuel efficiency of today's cars.

http://www.google.com/maps?hl= en&q=Abick%27s+Bar&near=Detroi t,+MI&radius=0.0&latlng=423313 89,-83045833,81094002833297880 96&sa=X&oi=local&ct=authority

Harmonie
Username: Harmonie

Post Number: 704
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great choice Sport! Everyone can first go to the Preservation Wayne Event at the Oddfellows Hall is Southwest then head over to Abick's afterwards!
It couldn't have worked out better if I'd planned it:-)
Oh... and if you haven't gotten your tickets to the PW event go to www.preservationwayne.org and buy online:-)

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1112
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Admin, please move the previous post to the "classifieds".

:-)

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 294
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn, you mean I actually have to drive to this one?

Actually, if the weather's nice, I should be able to ride a bike to get there. Only 4.5 miles from CBD.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1114
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Waaaaaaaah! I can't ride my bike.
Waaaaaaaah! Somebody buy me a beer.
Waaaaaaaah! My vagina is broken."

-Sticks

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9185
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can somebody drive Sharmaal to the pharmacist?!

He's apparently OUT of whatever it is he needs for 'balance' today!

Heh.

(see you tonight...)

Mikie
Username: Mikie

Post Number: 46
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^^^^lol

You should try my ride in before complaining about 4.5 miles!

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 295
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly, Sharmaal! I'm glad someone knows what's it's like and can tell it how it is.

=)

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 4976
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All I heard was her say was okay to your offer to buy her a drink.....
how you got all of that that?????

And I promise to have some lame-ass jokes for you at Abicks.

Supersport

Post Number: 11569
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just contacted Abick's and spoke with Manya to let her know we'll be coming on Thursday. She's gonna have some chili read for the group. I told her I expected about a dozen or so, so hope to see many of you there!

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 172
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's awfully nice of you but what happens when the usual six show up? Do you make a habit of wearing out you welcome?

Supersport

Post Number: 11571
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The usual six? Not sure what you're referring to. Some nights we'll have just 6 or so people, other times we'll have 20+. Just this past Thursday I counted 15 at Jacoby's. At the DBC a month ago we had 23 or so. In between, we had 6-10 show. FSC nights have NEVER been consistent, even Jeff had many nights when only 1 or 2 people would show.

Anyways, I told the owner it may only be 6 people, or perhaps over 20, it was hard to say. Since Preservation Wayne will be in the area though, I'm guessing it'll be closer to 15-20. We all greatly appreciate your concern though, perhaps some day your sincerity will land you the position of FSC director. You certainly seem to be friends with most everybody on here.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9226
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There'll be ten if they have chili.

At least.

Heh.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1101
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's up with the Chili? Does it give people gas, that's why the turnout would eventually be low?

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHA!! That's hilarious! Farts!

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 246
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHA!! That's Hilarious! Did you Fart? How was the Chili???

Cambrian

Post Number: 1105
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chili was awesome, no farts.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1314
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All quiet here

Detourdetroit
Username: Detourdetroit

Post Number: 302
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

chili was great. thanks for arranging!

Cambrian

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 6:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was a terrific venue sport. The sweet old woman that runs that place was just like my polish grandmother. I learned that Abick's has been there since 1919 and has changed very little since then. Considering that my great grandparent's spent most of their lives in that neighborhood it was like experiencing what Great Grampa would surely have after a ten hour shift on the assembly line of Hudson motors. The one young woman told me the reason the bar had two rooms was to give the women a place to congregate, as they would not be in the bar area with the men.

What about an FSC at Sinbad's once during the summer?

Supersport

Post Number: 11575
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Had a great time as well, chili was awesome, Abick's will be visited again soon in the near future. I told Melissa that it a blast to arrange a pub crawl in that neighborhood, as I wasn't aware that there were at least 5 bars within that neighborhood still up and running.

It's those neighborhood bars that are often a draw to the younger crowd, first time home buyers, or perhaps those looking to rent, fresh outta college. I wasn't even aware that such neighborhoods still even existed in Detroit.

Next week, back to The Well.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.