Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Saugatuck « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sid
Username: Sid

Post Number: 459
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Going to Saugatuck for a weekend sometime in the near future. Does anyone have a hotel/B&B recommendation? I am not a fancy pants kind of gal, but would like a decent place that isn't 200/night.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6277
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hit the bars, booze it up, skank it up, and voila free accomodations!

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1435
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aiw--watch how you go about that in Saugatuck, you might wake up with someone of your own gender, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Aiw

Post Number: 6278
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know, that's the direction I was sending Sid... However I'm sure if Sid's headed to Saugatuck, there's no surprises in store for him.

:-)

Crash_nyc
Username: Crash_nyc

Post Number: 919
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't been there in probably 15 years, but I do remember that the couple of times we went, we always stayed in rental cabins on the outskirts of town. Not sure exactly how much we paid, but they were clean and reasonablly-priced.

Saugatuck is cool & strange. Beautiful, quaint little town, with a village feel to it, except that the woman standing in line in front of you at the souvenir shop might have a very deep voice when she opens her mouth.
Adds to the charm.

Jjw
Username: Jjw

Post Number: 340
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 8:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sid wrote, "I am not a fancy pants kind of gal, but would like a decent place that isn't 200/night"
I do believe Sid may be female Aiw!

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjw, I think not.

Sid, If you find a good deal, let me know. I'm planning a trip or two to Saugatuck myself this summer.

Sid

Post Number: 460
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will do Crew. AIW, :-) you definitely have the right idea. But, not this time unfortunately.

Sid

Post Number: 461
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crew- I put my cousins on it. They own the hooptie scootie over there. The best they could come up with, and they are in the gay mafia mind you, was the days inn 10 minutes away towards holland for a corp rate of 79.99/night or a houseboat in town for 150/night. That's for the weekend prior to the 4th. Mrs. Sid v2 will have to make the decision, but I am leaning towards the days inn. We can crash on the cousin couch if too many cocktails happen.

Crew

Post Number: 1282
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Sid. I stayed at the Days Inn once. It's not a bad place and not far out of town. I usually stay with friends but that weekend and the next will be crowded so we were thinking about getting a room someplace. Maybe I'll see you there but I think I'll be there the following weekend.

Crew

Post Number: 1283
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll take that back, it might have been a Best Western I stayed at right on Blue Star Hwy.

Aiw

Post Number: 6280
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've met Sid, and he's not much of a lady.

I didn't realize that you were bringing the Mrs. that rules out the "free" accomodations in my plan...

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2087
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mrs. Sid v2? That didn't take long. Good for you.

Crew, you going to be out there the 6/7/8th? I'll be out there too!

Crew

Post Number: 1285
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dialh4, sweet! I'm staying with you :-)

Sid

Post Number: 462
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That didn't take long? I was single for a year and a half after me and mrs sid v1 broke up. I think that falls within the guidelines set forth by one Dr. Joy of am800 notoriety. Der Hotel ist 717 Hastings Ave, Holland MI
1.616.392.7001 und yahoo hat gesagt es ist nur zehn minuten von Saugatuck. Yup, the new Mrs. Sid is a Deutscher.

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2088
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1.5 years is the length of a nap when you're as old as I am. I haven't had a mrs. since 1998!

Crew, you're welcome to stay over but my group is traveling economy so we're four to a room. I know, I know. It wasn't my choice.

But we're sodom & gomorrah central, so I'll probably see you at some point!

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2330
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey take that gay stuff over here

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2337
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bummed because no one's hit on you, DB?

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4605
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was sagst du, der Mrs. ist "ungeschnitten"? :-)

Crew

Post Number: 1286
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dialh4, one king size bed?

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2089
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now you're talkin'! No, two queens (I'm leaving that one alone). We're at the Dunes though - I've never stayed there but my friends assured me it would be a fantastic time. I'm thinking it might be a little overkill. We'll see!

Crew

Post Number: 1289
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fun, fun
I hope your roommates don't snore!

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4652
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Famous Steve Martin quip:

"I've never smelled moth balls... it's impossible for me to get their tiny legs apart..." :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.