Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » NYC Forum Meet Up « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Belleislerunner
Username: Belleislerunner

Post Number: 316
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you can't live in Detroit, I guess we have to settle for New York.

Is there any interest in a New York meet up (akin to the Belle Isle and Ferndale festivities)? I split time between both cities so am indifferent as to logistics. Any others?

Maybe start off meeting up at a sports bar to watch a Tigers game or do the Yankees/Tigers game in August.

Takers?

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you guys should have it at the motor city bar. 127 ludlow street; ne of chinatown. not sure if it's the same place i saw when i went there (i thought it was called the detroit bar) but it has the same kitsch factor at least...

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 622
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I might be here in August, but may be in Leland or Ireland. So, let's talk more

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11616
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RSA,

Forum road trip?

Andysrc
Username: Andysrc

Post Number: 185
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd be up for it.

I'm looking to go to the Tigers game when they're in town (Thursday night, I'll be back in Michigan the rest of that weekend). Or just watch a game from the sports bar somewhere.

Crash_nyc
Username: Crash_nyc

Post Number: 937
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 5:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Definitely interested. Can't do a lot of evenings during the week (work & kid), but Saturdays or Sundays are ideal.

Forum road trip?
Bring it on! We'll check out the outer-boroughs (the REAL New York).

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1153
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

be careful what you're getting yourself into crash! :-) RSA loves NYC and hasn't been in a few years... [so don't tempt me SS!]

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9524
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I could easily make it a working trip, and stay at a friend's up in the Bronx.

My Thinking Friend in NYC, down in Battery Park City, will want to drop in if he's around town.

This could be fun.

Crash_nyc

Post Number: 944
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 4:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tell me the when, & I'll tell ya the where (open to suggestion, of course).

Uh, Belleislerunner? You lit this little rocket. Time to chime in.

I checked the Tigers @ Yankees schedule, and the game on Saturday, Aug 18 will be nationally televised on FOX -- in case anyone wants to "turn it up to 11"...

Everydayislikesunday
Username: Everydayislikesunday

Post Number: 327
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i live here, but i have tickets for the tigers/yankees game on aug 18th. if it's during that weekend, i'm in.

Andysrc
Username: Andysrc

Post Number: 187
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems like everyone is leaning towards the weekend the Tigers are in town. Since I'm out of town starting that Friday, I'll selfishly suggest we make a pilgrimage to watch our boys at Yankee Stadium on Thursday, August 16th.

If not the weekend the Tigers are in town, then perhaps another time?

Cman710
Username: Cman710

Post Number: 334
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2007 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will be getting back into town in NY on August 17th, so I am not sure I'd be able to make it that weekend, but if you guys do something, I'll do my best to make it. I am a lifelong New Yorker, but also love Detroit and would love to meet some of you folks.

Toledolaw05
Username: Toledolaw05

Post Number: 71
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will be in town that weekend. I can make the game on Saturday the 18th.

Belleislerunner

Post Number: 318
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry - was out of the country on vacation.

Ok let's plan on the game on Saturday the 18th for kicking this off. This gives Sport and others enough time to plan a road trip. Game time is 3:55. I have two extra tickets (3rd base line) if anyone hasn't gotten tickets yet.($20)

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9673
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BIrunner,

I'll check with my friends in town...either my Bronx buddy or my Thinking Friend down in Battery Park City...between the two of them, we'll take those and I'll make sure I'm able to get to town.

Where can I send the cashola?! E-mail me at jjgannon (at) earthlink (dot) net.

Cheers!

Xd_brklyn
Username: Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 266
Posted on Friday, July 27, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this still happening on the 18th? Have had my share of Yankee Stadium, but can get together after the game. The 18th would be cool.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11644
Posted on Friday, July 27, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

August 18th is Woodward's Dream Cruise, gotta have priorities ya know. :-)

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 825
Posted on Friday, July 27, 2007 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, I am bummed but I think I will be in Ireland on the 18th. I really want to meet some of the DYers.

Belleislerunner

Post Number: 324
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back in the City after a hiatus. We have the date squared off. August 18. The game starts at 4.

Any of you guys have a favorite place to meet up after the game? There's quite a few bars right outside Yankee Stadium there at the 161st stop. Otherwise I can pick a spot.

Crash/Everyday et all - any ideas on meeting up during the game or does everyone just want to soak up the Tigers victory and meet postgame?

Kaptansolo
Username: Kaptansolo

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn Supersport...forgot about the Dream Cruise. I will be in NYC on the 18th though

Crash_nyc

Post Number: 994
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 3:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unfortunately, I can't make it to the game. My mom's flying in from Detroit that morning to spend some time with us and her 15-month-old grandson. Babies & baseball games don't mix.

I wouldn't suggest hanging out too late in the area around Yankee Stadium. It's in a pretty shady part of the Bronx, and things tend to get sketchy around there after the game crowd clears out -- especially after dark.

If you're looking to do a little post-game hang, there's a good chance that we'll hanging out at Water Taxi Beach early-evening, and everyone's welcome to join. It's an easy trip on the subway from the stadium: 4-train to Grand Central, then x-fer to the 7-train to Vernon/Jackson (Long Island City, Queens).
It's a great place to have a few drinks with sand between your toes, and watch the sun set over the Manhattan skyline before a night out on the town. Spectacular view. It's one of NYC's best-kept secrets, not in the tourist guide books, and you'll definitely be hanging with chilled-out locals.
http://www.watertaxibeach.com/

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.