Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Musician Rod Hicks Beaten, Robbed « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jimg
Username: Jimg

Post Number: 883
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rod was robbed at gunpoint two days ago while walking home from the store. Three teenagers on bikes took his money and beat him up. Rod's car was stolen a few weeks back.
He had stitches and needless to say he can't work just now. Anyone wishing to send Rod a card or money or best wishes may do so:

Rod Hicks
287 King St, Suite 4
Detroit 48202

Rod was in Aretha's original trio, later with the Butterfield Blues Band, was in the house band at BoMac's Lounge.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1563
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This may just be my opinion, but I don't think Rod Hicks wanted you to give EVERYONE is exact address. I could be wrong though. It's sad though that you can't even walk to the Corner Store. It's not the grown people doing it either, just children. That's what gets me the most.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6304
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah it's probably just your opinion.

If there's one person on this board that doesn't need to be told what to do it's Jimg.

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3797
Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanx, JG. Will swing by later to see him.

Rasputin

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.