Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Fourth Street Fair « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 5384
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Next Saturday, 7/21/07.

Anticipating my "Super" lemonades!

Ddaydave
Username: Ddaydave

Post Number: 473
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you mean nectar of the gods??? Jams

Jams

Post Number: 5433
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Saturday • 21
Fourth Street Fair
FESTIVAL

Grab a 40 oz., smoke a blunt and roll down to Fourth Street. Or, grab your kids, pack a picnic basket, and roll down to Fourth Street. This positively bohemian art fair draws hippies and hipsters, the long-grizzled to the freshly ironic, and vendors of the Rock 'n' Rummage ilk. It features, of course, music, including: Bombs and Halos, Gondwanaland, K-9, the Syreens, Dondo de Mancha, the Universe Will Get You Back, and Audra Kubat. As perhaps the city's most eclectic gathering (it's a block party, but attracts many more), the fair's at the intersection of Fourth and Holden streets, Detroit. There's no Web site, no direct phone number to contact: So just roll on down to Fourth Street, between noon and midnight, and have a blast.

http://www.metrotimes.com/cale ndar/

Nope, I prefer the Super-Lemonade stands.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3991
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See Y'all there.

4th Street Fair

Jams

Post Number: 5446
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great fun!!!

Still giggling about Lowell's remark to me about the "new hippies".

Spending most of the afternoon and evening there, I concur.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 936
Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i spent good 8 hours there

Detroit_girl
Username: Detroit_girl

Post Number: 109
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awesome fun and great weather. Does anyone have pictures they can post?

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 938
Posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

only disappointment i had was the craptastic rap at the end of the night

Ddaydave

Post Number: 481
Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2007 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes steelworker the music wasn't all that great this year but I still had a great time and I cant believe with all the fancy cameras I saw there I cant find any pictures online or posted on detroityes.com of this years event

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2396
Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2007 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try this link to Lowell's photos from this year's fair: http://www.detroityes.com/news /070726/601pics/301.htm

Ddaydave

Post Number: 486
Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2007 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looking at that link Kathleen I must of been standing right by lowell when he took the Copeiria Dancers and Musicians picture I was watching that also

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 111
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right next to that great grilled cheese stand!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.