Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Caruso Brothers Reunion Show at Pier 500 in Wyandotte TONIGHT! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9649
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 6:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found out at my aunt & uncle's fiftieth anniversary party Saturday that their daughter's husband and his brothers are going to once again grace the Pier 500 stage for a reunion concert.

Those rock-n-rollers living anywhere near downriver in the 80s probably crossed paths with this group...they were on the way to following Detroit's own Rockets and the Romantics into the national limelight.

I barely remember the reason they didn't make it huge, but it is all history now. They are BACK tonight, July 15th, for a reunion show at the Pier 500 on the northern part of Wyandotte.

This is a huge deal for them, and I am eager to help as much as I can...remembering the last of their shows I caught three years ago in the same place, it WILL be a tremendous performance.

Rob told me during the party that they had a vibe in their rehearsals that was positively electric, with harmonies as tight as they ever were. I haven't quite seen this deep a gleam in his eyes in a long while, I think he is due for a breakout from his current corporate drone and daddy lifestyle down in Louisiana...if only for a few hours.

So, bring your $5 cover, Rock-n-roll ears, and your dancing shoes down to Wyandotte tonight. I'll see you somewhere inside or on their deck!!

Cheers!

Gannon

Post Number: 9650
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 6:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah, here is Dave Caruso's website, complete with a history of the Caruso Brothers band.

Funny thing...they played the St. Alphonsus High School prom for my 1981 graduating class...big hair and all.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 134
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GANNON- DO YOU KNOW JOHN FRAGA FROM THE ROCKETS?

Gannon

Post Number: 10257
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 7:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, Pgn. Closest I ever got to him, as far as I know, is the middle hill at Pine Knob.

I think it was at their concert where I saw a quarter-keg roll down that hill, then hit the cement at the bottom and shoot about thirty feet into the air with a PING! Couldn't see if it hit anyone...knew that soon we wouldn't be able to bring our own beer and KFC buckets if they kept throwing it all around after the shows.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.