Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Not Detroit Forum suggestion « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 1696
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the love of pete, quarantine all the political threads on the non detroit side into a superthread like Dyes Sports. That way it can carry on without making that whole side so difficult to get through for folks not interested in heated political debate.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4686
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I agree. The Bush/Iraq/abortion threads are getting old fast.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1747
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about "The DETROITYES Politically Incorrect Forum"?

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1120
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am very much in favor of Mauser's suggestion. I have some interest in politics and political matters, but I have become tired of even seeing the thread titles. The activity on the threads is nauseatingly predictable. There is almost never any civil, constructive, or enlightening sharing of ideas or viewpoints. I'm all for creating an isolated area where the various folks who so enjoy attacking each other, and exercising their unlimited capacity for redundancy, can do so without littering the thread-board with their endless, and ultimately pointless, tirades.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 912
Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excellent suggestion Mauser765.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3983
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Suggestion appreciated, but the whole purpose of Non-Detroit Issues is to keep those topics from invading the other forums, particularly Discuss Detroit, which will inevitably happen as it did in the past.

The time wasted moving threads as suggested is too much. Our hands are full as it is. For those who figure out how to dig down to that forum and wish to post, they are welcome to post. The steam valve stays.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 2663
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HA! If it's political debate, it's not Detroit related. Suits me just fine.

Good call, Lowell.

Frank_c
Username: Frank_c

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm boycotting......as long as I can. Really!

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After the way the thread you started turned into another typical day at the Non-Detroit side, I can't say I blame you.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4876
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What Non-Detroit Issues reminds me of is the WWF (World Wresling Federation)... it's somewhat entertaining but without any real substance. It's like the political version of a Trainman post. Same droning over and over and over again.

At times Non-Detroit Issues also kinda reminds me of the comments in a Seinfeld episode... the one about an art critics viewpoint of a painted canvas of "The Kramer"... "he's a loathsome offensive brute... yet... I can't look away!" :-)

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3391
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a better suggestion: save some money and shit-can the whole thing.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.