Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » I Wanna Bug Zapper « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1175
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sick of flies. I'm tired of gnats. I want a device that I can plug in, or load with batteries, which will attract flying insects and electro-fry them almost beyond recognition. I haven't searched the entire metro area, but so far, I haven't found one. A little help? (Wiseacre comments are welcome, especially if they adjoin pertinent information.)

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 569
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here you go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELECTRONIC -BUG-ZAPPER-FLY-ZAPPERS-MOSQUI TO-SWATTER_W0QQitemZ1801468025 74QQihZ008QQcategoryZ115770QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZView Item

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 704
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a working version of one of these would be more fun, and also good for smores!

http://tinyurl.com/3y4ra9

Ravine

Post Number: 1179
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Johnnny5, but I want one that will be positioned in the house and draw the critters to it. The item you proposed is one which we had, however (until it broke.) They work pretty good, although we found that some flies are hearty enough to take some voltage from one of those and survive well enough to "fly it off."
Optimally, I would like to have a device that delivers enough voltage to fatally electrocute a goddam hawk.

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 570
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There a bunch of the stationary 110 volt type on Ebay as well. I just thought this one looked like more fun. =)

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9688
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine, bug zappers so little to get rid of the annoying bugs and seem to kill more of the beneficial type.Don't waste your money.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1395
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

There a bunch of the stationary 110 volt type on Ebay as well. I just thought this one looked like more fun. =)

Those are fun, swing away and smell the bugs fry. Only problem is they sometimes make a loud pop when you don't expect it.

Emuaaron
Username: Emuaaron

Post Number: 24
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.mosquitozapper.com/ solutions1.html

I have 2 BK-80's in my backyard and they work wonders.

Ravine

Post Number: 1213
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aaron: Thanks!! That's the stuff I'm talking about. Those indoor models are a bit more expensive then I had imagined, but I'm still interested. Gracias, for the link.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.