Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Getting out of a GM lease early « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1747
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am in the 3rd year of a 4 year lease of a Chevy Cobalt. The car is great, no problems. But there are a couple of things that make me want to move on a little earlier. One, I think I'm done with manual transmissions. Had them all my life, loved them, but now I'm not so into "driving" as I used to be, and just need to get to work and back. Two, I own a house now, and could use a little more room for bringing supplies and such home from the hardware store. I'm wondering if any forumers here work at dealerships and could help me out on an economical way of getting out of my lease early and into something else. Maybe a little forum "hook up". Otherwise I can go another year I suppose.

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 1019
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnlodge,

The remaining payments on your lease are important. If you want, shoot me an e-mail. Let me know EXACTLY how many payments you have left and how much per month you pay.

Also, let me know how many miles you think you will need and I'll play around with some numbers for you.

ecriteser@hotmail.com

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You might want to try th dealership hat originally wrote your lease and see what kind of deal you can get. I would not worry if you can't get out of it you don't have that much further to go. You might want to consider buying a low milage used car and saving a few grand as well.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 1756
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks both, I'll start looking into this winter when I'm officially only a year out. I have a feeling the dealership will be interested in putting me in something early (I'm thinking an HHR might do the trick).

Ffdfd
Username: Ffdfd

Post Number: 143
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can try this site:
http://www.leasetrader.com/

Craggy
Username: Craggy

Post Number: 268
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GM on occasion holds "events" in which they allow early lease termination, if you get into another GM vehicle.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do another this fall, with the release of the new Malibu...they'll want to get people into them as they start their big ad blitz.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.