Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Why 10K? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10000
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 5:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't have an answer for that.

Cheers, it's been fun.

Except for warding off the propagandists.

That's been work.

Funny that, without them the logical folk wouldn't have a platform to talk their honest, intellectual perusings (and occasional emotional outburst) against this darkness sweeping our world.

Thank you, propagandists, for toeing the company line and revealing all of the sick motivations which propel you all to put and keep indigenous, free people under your control and abuse.

We will prevail. We will flourish.

We will trouble you until the moment you gasp last.

Sincerely,
John

Carolcb
Username: Carolcb

Post Number: 1567
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What?

Gannon

Post Number: 10002
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, some of non-Detroit spilling over...heh...the troublemakers over there have finally revealed that they ARE working together as a team, it is pretty funny.

As I saw my post counter clicking towards 10,000...I was in the midst of an excrement-fest brought on by those right-wing pro-administration bozo-automatons.

If you don't go there now, don't start. It would be best for innocents to stay away.

Sorry for the confusion. Carry on.

Carolcb

Post Number: 1568
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sick of their drivel. I was just sitting here trying to think of something to combat it.

Guess I need my old job back where I was way to busy to contemplate anything but the next FedX box full of work........

Gannon

Post Number: 10009
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I get to that point often, Carol, but then remember that without their dogmatic, structured, and monotonic outlining of their positions...we'd have no place to voice our displeasure, disagreement, and general discord with their world-view and conclusions and value system.

It really is a powerful divide. Either you love money, or you love people. Seems as simple as that.

It is a VERY rare individual who happens to be at the valve of serious money flow while simultaneously serving people. They clearly love people while using money, instead of clearly loving money while using people.

You usually notice them because they facilitate the flow of money rather than the accumulation of it!

I am lucky to know a few of them, so I am aware they exist. Blessings to them all.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1892
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And congrats on the 10k posts. :-)

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 3169
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carolcb wrote:
quote:

I was just sitting here trying to think of something to combat it.

I'd recommend not even reading it but rather gathering helpful articles elsewhere and starting new threads here that highlight those articles. There is no shortage of good material at this moment in history.

To surpass these local petty distractions and instead instigate genuinely new thought should not be too difficult in the current climate.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4903
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba giving you a gift?

Carolcb

Post Number: 1601
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jimaz and Gannon! Have a peaceful weekend with wonderful weather...

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1197
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Gannon, but at this point I am as tired of seeing your reaction to those to whom you refer as I am tired of seeing the originals.

You seem obsessed. At the very least you make it worse with troll baiting.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 2229
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats on the posts, Gannon! As for the posts, I feel if you didn't enjoy it on some level, you would just ignore it. Embrace the nonsense, it allows an outlet that usually isn't there.

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1235
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahhh, I remember when he first came to the forum...Those were good times.

Gannon

Post Number: 10038
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 5:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the honest assessment, East_detroit.

The enjoyment comes from encountering the people, even virtually, Johnlodge.

Cheddar,
You of all people I wouldn't expect to wax nostalgic, I must be pretty bad now.

What a way to start a Saturday...heh.

Cheers!

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2471
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, John....10,000 posts!!! Congrats!!!

So are you (back) in town? Catching Audra tonight at the Dally?

Gannon

Post Number: 10040
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wouldn't miss her!

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2474
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was there, but somehow I missed you at Audra's show!!!

Gannon

Post Number: 10046
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 7:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I loaned some stuff to the Techno Stage, and everything got screwy right at the time she was going on.

I ended up missing her show, AND waiting a good couple hours until some equipment showed at six...I would've been better off at Audra's.

We're going to have a talk about her choice of sound people...

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 589
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love the original post! I just saw Gannon in the original Zelda yesterday for the first time!
"darkness sweeping the world" so true, the spreading of 911 conspiracies in the public realm is amazing. Not to sound dumb but the internet is to blame. IF its on a website it MUST be fact.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 1404
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think you meant to write the following Gannon:
quote:

Finally, at 10,000 posts in three years and ten months, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Lowell for this outstanding venue for those wishing the best and worst for my hometown of Detroit, and to say a fond hello to all the newbies here at DetroitYes. I've some additional party responsibilities and (like all my posts!) want to do it well, so I wish you all peace, happiness and love. I am not going anywhere in the near future, I know I am a joy to most and only a momentary disappointment to others equally or more capable than I. Perhaps I'll stop posting after the 2008 election if another Republican is elected - but until then or later, peace and God's love to all.

Sincerely,
John

Congrats dude, I will fire up a super fat Michoacan doob this afternoon in your honor.

Gannon

Post Number: 10189
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Puff, puff, pass.

My parties don't HAVE responsibilities, heh.

LOL...thanks Quozl.

I only wish I could SEE another presidential election in our future...coup, coup, cuchoo.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 217
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow 10,000 posts!
I'll buy you a beer if i ever meet you.
do you realize you spent over 40 - 16 hour days of you life on this site.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5417
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon I enjoyed meeting and talking to you at the Forum picnic this summer. For a moment when I first read your first post that you were going to bid adieu like Karl did at 10,000... Glad that's not the case!

I'm glad to say that we've never had cross words with each other...

So let's drink a toast of tap water :-) LOL.... Not!

Gannon

Post Number: 10443
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 3:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL...backatcha G, I was just recounting our meeting with PGN421 while working at his house a few days ago.

He's new here, and was wondering about some of the personalities.

I only cross words with those who cross me first...some people really deserve it.

I am not unhappy that Karl turned into Karlsghost; but a few of the other obviously paid shills can still get my goat.

Lefty2,

A belated welcome to you...where did you find that poster? I thought I knew all the times my family name was used in entertainment media...but that one passed me by!

I am one of those whose life is enhanced by this site...many ridicule it, but they simply do not understand communication modalities. Each of us has some form of communication that we're more comfortable with...I wish I could edit myself verbally most times!

In my estimation, there are linear, circular, and exponential thinkers...and I guess to be fair there are NULL ones as well.

Linear ones have difficulty keeping up with the tangents spun off the circulars and grasping any of multi-dimensions posed by the expos...although MOST of the circs can straighten their delivery for a short moment to accomodate, the exponentials usually cannot. The circulars and the exponentials usually just stare at each other in disbelief and misunderstanding!

I'm not sure where I fall in this analysis, but it is certainly far from linear...believe it or not, MOST of these posts are the product of extensive editing to make sure I'm achieving my goal of making a point or considering an issue from a few perspectives.

Cheers!

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2421
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I wish I could edit myself verbally most times!

Are you implying that you actually edit yourself while writing?

Wow. I would be interested (or frightened) to see what it would look like if it was actually unedited stream of consciousness...

Gannon

Post Number: 10473
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've GOT to get out to LA...miss your humor, Da.

Dabirch

Post Number: 2423
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just so you are aware - the power of the moon phases and the impact of the gravitational pull has a much greater impact out here - than the mere rising and ebbing of the lake tides.

Just wanted to warn you.

Take it easy jg.

Gannon

Post Number: 10476
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did I tell you I lived in North Hollywood during 2000-1, and spent a good deal of time in Redondo Beach? That was when I was Technical Editor for that hifi magazine, with the twelfth floor window office a few blocks east of Beverly Hills on Wilshire.

Believe me, the moon has little effect in Southern CA compared to what I experienced up in San Francisco...Sabastopol...Half Moon Bay...the Lower Haight.

They make everything in your new 'hood look normal.

After those two years, even tempered by a six-month relationship with a trust-fund Republican Telecom CFO (previous lobbyist for ARCO in Sacramento), I came to realize that CA is as close to another planet that we can realize.

I kept jumping on scales to see if I weighed the same...checking that gravitational pull.

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 431
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eh boy.....

Gannon

Post Number: 10504
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whatever, fudger.

Detroitrulez

Post Number: 435
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

damn you and your harmonic convergences

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 366
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kharmanic hemorrhages?

Detroitrulez

Post Number: 448
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

them too....

Dabirch

Post Number: 2426
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Believe me, the moon has little effect in Southern CA compared to what I experienced up in San Francisco...Sabastopol...Half Moon Bay...the Lower Haight.

Never would I compare So Cal lunacy to the Bay Area.

Those cats take the cake.

But we have our share down here as well -- just typically exhibits itself in the form of conspicuous consumption.

However, the surf crazies are all with 15 miles either direction of my door.

Gannon

Post Number: 10523
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 2:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, forgot.

I kinda blocked all those cc memories out of my mind...except for the shopping adventures at that Beverly Hills mall...and the Starbucks at Magnolia and Lankershim in NoHo. (nobody calls it that, but it is actually on a sign or two)

The ones anywhere near you were with the ex-, she was at a-whole-nuther level. She used the word 'trustfund' in conversation nonderogatorily.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.