Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » FSC for Thursday September 13th « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10177
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 2:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We had a sparse, but high quality turnout for the Social Club tonight...great to see D_Stylin, Bratt, Track75, and Jams.

Great conversation, all, as we tipped those brews in memory of our faded fiend...er, friend...Karl.

Heading into the fall and winter, the Well loses it's appeal a wee bit...since the porch can be a bit uncomfortable in the cold winds.

I think we should bring back the roving FSCs...Bratt had an idea for the future, but not too soon.

We didn't decide on it, but I suggest Foran's for next week. Any other nominations before it goes up for a vote?!

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4945
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As always it was cool. I will try to make it to the next one provided I have enough notice...

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 645
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, that was cool.

I hope to go to another one soon.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1619
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's do another one at Abick's! Loved that place!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10187
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Absolutely, great people at Abicks.

AND, we cannot forget the Apex near Grand Boulevard. I'm going through a Marvellous Percell's jones, just thinking about that wonderful woman and her sparkling clean establishment.

Then there's the Anchor, but we went there a few months back. I just know we will see Harmonie if we go there.

Bratt's favorite bar is on the east side, and also we haven't been to Cadieux Cafe in over a year.

What was the name of your choice, Bratt?!

I'd really, really like to get Jerry at the Park, and Danny at the Old Miami some business, too. And even Baille Corcaigh...if we can encourage the smokers to go to a non-smoking establishment.

Perhaps we can get to the Old Miami before the weather turns...their backyard is a wonderful inner-city space.

That is the first one I suggest for voting, due to the timing...but would really like to show some of you how a few enterprising brothers cleaned up one of the classic bars in the city...Foran's on Woodward just north of Larned, a few blocks north of Jefferson. It is really stunning there, and the people are cool...it is quickly becoming one of my favorite hangouts.

Kinda like the Beaubien Street Saloon feel, but with many more women.

Cheers, any and all suggestions are welcome...let's revive this thing for the fall and winter!

Bratt

Post Number: 646
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's called Nikki's Place on Harper just passed Cadieux.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4946
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ummmm Bratt being a native west sider I wont get jacked or anything going that far east will I?

<<Laffin

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 6151
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since, I always stop in at Foran's prior to an FSC anyways, I like it.

Some outstanding IPAs there.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 2334
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been to Nikki's Place.

You could seesaw between there and the Guilford Bar right across the street. Geneva's Hamburgers is right in the same strip too, for afterward.

Oliverdouglas
Username: Oliverdouglas

Post Number: 120
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll make it to my first FSC at Foran's. I know its far for Eastsider and downtowners but, how about Tom's Tavern?

Bratt

Post Number: 647
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DS...you won't get jacked. Ha-ha.

Toolbox
Username: Toolbox

Post Number: 1103
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cadieux Cafe has gone downhill since the new owners took over. It's a shame they could not keep the food and service consistant.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.