Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Leaving « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eric_w
Username: Eric_w

Post Number: 351
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a last post-I won't be posting here any longer-good luck

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 613
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any particular reason? Either way good luck to you as well.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 622
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dumb post.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1485
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, DETROIT: This is where you say, "Aw, he'll be back!"

(Message edited by detroitnerd on October 04, 2007)

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 842
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has to do life term on a murder one rap?

See, if they don't tell us, we assume the worst...

Detroitsuperfly
Username: Detroitsuperfly

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why do people always do this? No matter what board or what topic. Someone thinks people will be interested if someone leaves. What they never realize is that business carries on as usual and nobody cares.

Titancub
Username: Titancub

Post Number: 92
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll never forget where I was when I read this 'news'.

Long_in_the_tooth
Username: Long_in_the_tooth

Post Number: 68
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never liked that guy......
I think he steals.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 2040
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eric who?

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 181
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Just a last post-I won't be posting here any longer-good luck"

Bye, I wish you the best in your life :-).

Flyingj
Username: Flyingj

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK I got Packard Automobiles, Hudson-Essex-Terraplane, Kern's, Motown Records, Federal's, Chatham's, Great Scott!, Wrigley's, the Edmund Fitzgerald, Jimmy Hoffa, Quik Pik, SS Kresge's, Velvet Peanut Butter, Dino's Pizza, Cunningham's, Stroh's Beer, J.L. Hudson's, Winkelman's, Crowley's, NBD, Goebel Beer, Harmony House, Wonderland, Bill Knapp's, Farmer Jack, Frank's Nursery, Jack White & Eric_w. That list seem complete to you guys?

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1599
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm Leaving Too........

.....to get some Chipotle and I wont be posting for at least an hour and a half-good luck to you guys.

Just kidding Eric_w, good luck to you and whatever you do.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3751
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You gave us many a good post.

Farewell.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 259
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eric w
Please just post another time to tell us how the grass is on the flip side.
Everyone likes to hear a good story of how someone made out after a move.
Detroit has been a little tough on us all at times.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1490
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dump post.

I had a friend who had a same-sex wedding ceremony the summer before the Prop 2 vote. He was a Canadian citizen who lived here for quite a while (maybe 10 years) and was, along with all of our friends, vocally opposed to that lame proposal.

(In case you don't remember, Proposal 2 amended the state constitution to ban same-sex marriage, and was widely seen, along with other states' proposals that year, as a ruse to get the repubs out to vote. A Karl Rove mastermind...prick)

Anyway, when it passed, the next day he sent a curt email out to everyone he new saying something to the affect of, "We're disgusted by your government. We're selling everything and moving to Windsor. Good luck with your shitty country. Hasta la vista."

He only stayed in Windsor for a few years then moved to Halifax...but that letter alienated alot of people.

I still keep in touch but doubt he'll ever come back again.

This post made me remember that.

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 197
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split ya!

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1045
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a friend and i went to a restaurant for dinner. we were seated, but then a considerable time passed before the waiter came to our table and asked if we'd like drinks before ordering dinner. we ordered drinks. fifteen minutes later the *drink* arrived. the waiter had forgotten my beer.

he took our dinner orders, and promised to return with my beer. after a lengthy delay, he did return with my beer.

twenty minutes later, i had finished my beer. dinner had not yet arrived. we'd been there a long time. the service had been terrible. we left money for the drinks, plus tip, and walked out.

we ventured into town and had a good time.

the night drew to a close, and we returned to my friend's vehicle, parked in front of the restaurant we had left in disappointment. as we prepared to ride off into the moonset, my friend discovered her car keys were missing! after mentally retracing her steps, she determined there was only one place the keys could be: in the restaurant where we'd stiffed the staff.

i went in and asked if any keys had been found that night. the manager came, and said he understood we'd had some "trouble" that night. i explained to him our experience, and why we had left. thank heavens we at least left the money for the drinks and a tip, because the waiter opted not to toss our keys in the trash and go on with his merry life. we got the keys back, thanked the manager, and went home breathing a big sigh of relief.

this post made me remember that.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 5001
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

um, keep it real? I dunno what to say when people leave because they always come back.

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 188
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WE CARE ... PARTY OF ZERO... WE CARE PARTY OF ZERO!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10664
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny, I titled an e-mail this to a friend boasting about my trip through the UP to Minneapolis and back...largely to avoid Chicago traffic, but this time of year to catch the most amazing show Mother Nature puts on without errant destruction.

I do so love leaving...

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1046
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gannon...would you say, this post reminded you of that?

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 220
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flyingj, don't forget Comerica.

This post reminds me of summers in Rangoon, luge lessons... In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds--pretty standard, really.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 275
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GSgeorge... I'm laughing my ass off

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5460
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL... Deja Vu... SNL's "Jack Handley" inspiration commercials... :-)

OK... let's figure this one out... Eric_w has only been here since February 2007.... alright who pissed him off... was it LY or CL?? Maybe it was one of those ig-galoots in Non-Detroit Issues? Dag nabbit... now we'll never know... :-(

(Wow... "ig-galoots" passes the spell checker!)

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10667
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gistok,

It was merely the title...I was going for the seasonal pun.

I've got a serious jones to see those colors up north right now, but I have to wait until tomorrow.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6399
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This post reminds me of the 500 others who have done the same over the last decade.

See you in two weeks when you start posting again.

BTW- Who was Eric_W?

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1977
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 7:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe he is returning to England and hopes to reorganize The Dominos again.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1818
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AMF!

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 74
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think he was a Wolverine fan...

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 1260
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The rock, it was Derek

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1978
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Derek is the shortstop for the Yankees. He leaving too??

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 1261
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if they lose!

Belleislerunner
Username: Belleislerunner

Post Number: 371
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

when they lose...

Carolcb
Username: Carolcb

Post Number: 1929
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They looked clueless last night. Cleveland looked great.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2444
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I left for awhile, a few times, came back but never announced any of that.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 265
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eric_w is the guy who called his last girlfriend and said i found someone else and i think my life will be better now.

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1446
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love these threads, I just wish Lowell could add some sad music from a Michael Bay movie to make the moment that much more dramatic.

Eric W you will be missed, may your journey be a safe one. Someday, maybe someday when the wind blows just the right way, and the sun hits a rock ever so slightly you will pass through this little town again, and all of us town people will rejoice. God speed friend, god speed!

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1344
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't Eric W the one who said they would sell us any Jeep at cost?

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 626
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

or was it eric_c?

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1373
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a post to announce that I was gone from DY for a while, but I'm back now. I was both irritable and disgusted with all of the race-card playing, nauseated by one person's egomaniacal, and frequently pointless, interference in virtually all of the Non-Detroit threads, and (frankly) bored with the rest, but I want you all to know that I have returned. You can anticipate-- with whatever abundance, or lack, of eagerness you consider to be appropriate-- more of my usual self-important, verbose, judgmental, and prickish forays into compulsive blowhardism.

(Edit for linguistic tweak.)

(Message edited by ravine on October 07, 2007)

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 2799
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

nauseated by one person's egomaniacal, and frequently pointless, interference in virtually all of the Non-Detroit threads

At least we still have Name that Song.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2437
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn --

quote:

I had a friend who had a same-sex wedding ceremony the summer before the Prop 2 vote. He was a Canadian citizen who lived here for quite a while (maybe 10 years) and was, along with all of our friends, vocally opposed to that lame proposal.

Did you friend, by chance, live on Balfour in GPP?

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 972
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I left for a while also. I said I couldn't stand the negativity here and that too many people were mean. I came back. Damn. I'm such a loser. How embarassing.

I won't do that again.

I knew people who lived on Balfour in GP.

Bobj

Post Number: 2450
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I drove down Balfour many times, but always had to leave it behind

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 75
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can spell Balfour.

B-A-L-F-O-U-R

The_ed
Username: The_ed

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doesn't that qualify one to take a base???

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 798
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Waiting for Jjaba's strikes and balls joke...

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1720
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just left for a bag of Fritos, but I'm back now.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 977
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another "disappointed by Fritos" story. Glad to have you back. Those Fritos can't 'really' loved you like we can.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1722
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only thing Fritos can love is my waist line.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 978
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm leaving for the gym now. I may come back, I may not.

Bobj

Post Number: 2475
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am going out to cut the lawn, wish me well so that I may return

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 1044
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobj?

uh oh

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 3502
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My trees are leaving.

Mtm
Username: Mtm

Post Number: 264
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was kind of gone for a while because work was just WAY too busy. But, I'm back now and still miss ItsJeff's wit.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.