Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Flag football saturdays 2pm « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1643
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 6:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

harding park ferndale bring y.own flag

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2444
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you as angry on the football field as you are posting on here?

Chitaku

Post Number: 1644
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it depends, when you see the things happening in this city that i see you can get easily bothered

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10757
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As IF he'll ever see you on an opposing team, unless we get a travelling league together...those away games in Southern CA will be killer.

I'm thinking about it, Chitaku. You already got a few others in mind for that field, or could we move it to Wayne State occasionally?! Sounds like an established game already, where is this park in Ferndale?!

Chitaku

Post Number: 1647
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gannon you should come, i have no clue how many are coming out but i'd love to have ya!the more the merrier! We should try to move to WSU but i started in ferndale because most of the folks are suburbanites who think ferndale is closer to clinton twp then detroit is. Come out though and help me convert some suburban naysayers to our side of town.

Gannon

Post Number: 10761
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cool compromise, I'm just thinking of our resident police-person wannabee who might drop in if it were closer to his Woodbridge house.

I haven't played in a while, but would love the cross-training exercise. I will skip this weekend ONLY because one day before the marathon will excite Murphy way too much.

Next is better...or I could come out and officiate, just no running on the field until I cross that Freep finish line!

Any limit on the flag used? I learned recently from my gay cousin that the color and placement of such can mean curious things to certain people...

Chitaku

Post Number: 1649
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nah any flag'll do

Gannon

Post Number: 10764
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where is this park?

Anyone from the Eastern Market/WSU area want to join us, we can carpool...

Chitaku

Post Number: 1651
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the park is on mapledale in ferndale off of hilton between 696 and 9 mile. If coming from detroit take 75 to 9 mile, 9 to hilton, hilton north to mapledale which is almost up to 696. go left onto mapledale and take it straight to the park.

http://maps.google.com/maps?cl ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla :en-US:official&channel=s&hl=e n&q=harding+park+ferndale&um=1 &ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 1515
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd like to join you, but I haven't broken out in a jog since '87.

Gannon

Post Number: 10796
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That makes you coach, then, right?!

Or at least come prepared as official medic.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 426
Posted on Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I'll be joining you... I'm up in the area anyway, and it sounds like fun...

Chitaku

Post Number: 1674
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no game tomorrow

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.