Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » GENESIS 313 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 2015
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey - looking for a church in the City ? Looking for a church experience that is a bit more meaningful than the one you currently attending ?

Check these guys out. Very cool folks, and they are extremely passionate about the City and bringing people in the Detroit community together.

http://genesisdetroit.com/

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 5091
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmm, never knew of it. Very cool site.

Miesfan
Username: Miesfan

Post Number: 46
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is their theology?

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 246
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seems to be the same old "if it's in the Bible it is true" folks.
Ask them if the millions of muslims, hindus, etc.
have a snowballs chance in hell of going to Heaven.

Mauser765

Post Number: 2076
Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

g'head and ask them yourself. just pointing out a cool group of folks that are very interested in the progress of the City.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2867
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do the muslims, hindu's, etc believe about Christians going to Heaven??

Mauser765

Post Number: 2078
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol - good one bob.

Bobj

Post Number: 2871
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goes both ways

Miesfan
Username: Miesfan

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would think you'd be able to tell me a little about what they believe since you endorse them so strongly. Their website was really less than useless.

Belleislerunner
Username: Belleislerunner

Post Number: 384
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Website seems to be pretty detailed. Looks like you can listen to old sermons online and read the blog.

I've never been but would expect their services, based on the website, to be akin to a Kensington experience in Troy. Anyone confirm?

We are a community of followers of Jesus Christ, committed to discovering and pursuing God's dreams for our lives. We believe that "in the beginning" God created all things and designed each of our lives with specific purpose and destiny. We believe that the ancient Scriptures teach us who God is, who we are, and what our lives can become when we follow Jesus.

http://www.genesisthechurch.or g/about.html

The_ed
Username: The_ed

Post Number: 1088
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What do the muslims, hindu's, etc believe about Christians going to Heaven??"

All religions, I guess, create a path to heaven for their respective believers with belief and trust that
"If I live my life right, do good deeds and pray, I'll make it to heaven when I die."
Each religious practice has a road to what people refer to as heaven. You may travel a different road to get there,
but we all end up there if we have some kind of faith. It doesn't matter if you pray to Buddha, Allah, Krishna, Jesus, Freddie or Elmo. As long as one has some kind of faith they will/should establish peace and harmony in their lives.

Belleislerunner
Username: Belleislerunner

Post Number: 385
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I could list numerous denominations within Christianity alone that would disagree with this statement.

"If I live my life right, do good deeds and pray, I'll make it to heaven when I die."

But this isn't a theological debate, merely an announcement of a church opening.

Bobj

Post Number: 2932
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Correct Mr BI Runner

My point is that each faith has their own beliefs and to some extent shut out the others.

Mauser765

Post Number: 2097
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Id guess youd call these types of churches "non-demonational". Yes, much like Kensington, except more tidy when they rent spaces to worship in. heh.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.