Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Found a cat in midtown... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kristina
Username: Kristina

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 3:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Found a white cat in midtown near honest johns/old miami...Is it yours?

Respond with an email address if it belongs to you.

Rfban
Username: Rfban

Post Number: 194
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck with that one... You know how many cats are in my alley alone --- nice effort though.

Kristina

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha...Thanks. This cat is clearly domesticated. Not a stray from a random alley. She is declawed and very well behaved. I imagine her owner misses her very much.

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 356
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aw, poor kitty. GL with that. Try posting on Craigslist yet or canvasing WSU?

Kristina

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Both! Here's the craigslist link: http://detroit.craigslist.org/ laf/476191075.html

Zxzm
Username: Zxzm

Post Number: 82
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 1:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If nobody claims it, can I?

(Message edited by zxzm on November 13, 2007)

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 6946
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 7:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If not that one, would you like a grey tiger striped one?

She's a beauty, I'd have to guess recently dumped.

I'd take her in, but my Missy, another I adopted, is too territorial to allow this one inside, so I've given her shelter and food on my back porch.

Kristina

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sticks, I'll make another post if the owner doesn't call in a week or so.

Hoog
Username: Hoog

Post Number: 634
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bring out the "ban this guy" posse...nice racist post jl!

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 3595
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awww. Fine. Smacked down by the thought police again. I will now go home and paint my walls beige so as not to offend.

Thursdaynext
Username: Thursdaynext

Post Number: 387
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please be careful when posting on the internet found animals or pets you cannot keep but want to find a good home for. Anybody could try to lay claim to that cat and who knows what their real intentions are. I saw a highly questionable post on Craigslist Detroit recently from a woman who allegedly had her family dog pass away and was now looking for a free young dog because she couldn't afford the fees they charge at the humane society/shelters. My question is, if you can't afford under $100 to adopt, fix and vaccinate a dog then how the heck do you plan to pay for feeding it and taking it to the vet regularly? My personal thoughts were it was a scam; someone wanting dogs for use as bait in dog-fighting or perhaps selling them to a lab facility that will pay well for animals they need for conducting tests on. I know this is just my opinion, but unfortunately these things are happening.

I do hope you do find a good, loving home for this one. Keep an eye on that bad eye too. If it looks weepy or you see any kind of drainage you may want to take it to a vet to have it looked at; it could be infected (I had this happen with a cat I rescued about a year ago). Good luck. =)

Zxzm
Username: Zxzm

Post Number: 87
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams,

About how old and fixed or not? Know anything about shot history or not?

Let me talk to my roommates, I'm kinda floating this idea w/ out consulting them.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 6960
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

About 2 to 4, haven't seen her in two days, hoping someone has taken her in, as she is a sweety and doesn't deserve life on the streets.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.