Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » Open FSC 11/15 - suggestions? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 6937
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've enjoyed meeting Mthouston and Norwalk in the past couple of weeks, as well as the company of some of the "regulars".

All suggestions are considered.

In other words, pick a place, and a few of us will show up.

Whoops, I'm so out of tune with the calendar lately, I meant 11/15.

(Message edited by JamS on November 12, 2007)

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1739
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 4:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see there is a tree lighting / pub crawl this Friday. I suggest aligning our FSC with that event for this week.

http://www.insidedetroit.org/s chedule.html

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2576
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 5:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So...are we gathering tonight or what?

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 139
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope so I had a good time last week!

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 256
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where is it at tonight? The Mrs. and I were thinking about showing up.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 6967
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry kids, you're on your own tonight.

Although, I like Cambrian's idea for tomorrow. I'll be at Foran's prior to the lighting, if anyone wants to join me, Great.

Tonight, I need to get some sleep.

Since next Thursday is Thanksgiving, enjoy your families and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Although in years past, there was a longstanding tradition that after the football and family dinners of the day were done, a fairly large number of those of "us Downtowners" would gather at a bar to shake off the effects of "sharing the holiday with loved ones". :-)

Kathleen

Post Number: 2579
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I suggested to Mike offline that we just call it a Park Bar night. Sound OK?

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 495
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i say go for it, i'll prob stop in a bit later...

Mikie
Username: Mikie

Post Number: 112
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Park Bar sounds good, I'll see you there about 9:00.

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 257
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're there!

Norwalk

Post Number: 141
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got to the Park around 8:30. I sat for 20 minutes and was still not waited on. So I split! Very poor service. I went back to my Beloved Hamtramck and my $3.00 Newcastles. Maybe next time.

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 496
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

did you sit at the bar or at a table, norwalk? sitting 20 minutes at the bar and not getting waited on sounds highly unlikely, even when they are crazy busy...

Norwalk

Post Number: 142
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The bar, where there was myself, a party of 3, a gentlemen eating his dinner and Mr. Dimaggio in his usual spot. A bit later 2 ladies entered and sat next to me. For the first 10 minutes there was no help to be seen. Then up from what appeared to be a basement 2 men came one disappeared and the other went behind the bar and struggled to get a good pour on what looked to be a stout. He finally noticed me watching him and asked can I help you. I had to tell him 3 times what I wanted. He told me it would be $5.50 and he started to pour it and then said I'll be right back and he went over to the stout that was giving him so much trouble. When he finally got the good pour he started all over on a 2nd stout. So I put the money back in my pocket and put my coat back on. Finally one of ladies said I cant believe he hasn't served you yet. Probably because they hadn't even been served yet.

Kathleen

Post Number: 2581
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry we missed you, Norwalk! Our usual starting time at FSC is 9pm, unless we agree to meet earlier. I arrived about 9:05 and waited about another 15 or so minutes before Valkyrias and Mikie showed up. Plymouthres and his wife arrived shortly after that. It was a nice gathering with some terrific conversation! We stayed until about 12:15. Maybe next time!!

Norwalk

Post Number: 143
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I tried to get an early start as it was Honky Tonk night at the Painted Lady in Hamtramck. Had to get my Kitty Wells Fix!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.