Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » Dec 13, not a Friday. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7190
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Enjoyed the group very much tonight, with some great laughs. (and Tiffany, the cook, was a treat as well!)

So, do we go back to Park Bar for the 13th?

As always, any suggestions of alternatives will be considered and probably agreed to.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2628
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 7:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We should make it the Park Bar this week since we haven't been there for a few weeks.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 232
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Count me in. Trying to get Whaler to join the FSC

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 46
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the "Park Bar" the old Park Henry/Club 2500?

Kathleen

Post Number: 2632
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope.

The Park Bar is on the southeast corner of Park and Elizabeth, just north of Cliff Bell's.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2904
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Is the "Park Bar" the old Park Henry/Club 2500?

No, it's not. The park bar is on the other side of I-75. It's on Park next to Cliff Belles. It's one block north of Grand circus park.

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool. Thanks guys.

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 318
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who's going tonight?

MrsRes has her final tonight and is ready to party afterwards!

Any takers? Mikie, Gannon, Jams, etc?

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1781
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to another thread, Park bar is dog friendly, that being the case, I and the better half will possibly show up.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1110
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What time?

Plymouthres

Post Number: 324
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We should be arriving sometime around 8 or 8:30 as we are planning to eat first. How bout you, Kathleen? Are you and Dave going to be in attendance?

Kathleen

Post Number: 2633
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're thinking about it...I've got some Christmas tasks that have to be done tonight before I can go out...if that goes smoothly, we'll swing on by for a while.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 325
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool.
Hope to see you guys there.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11095
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Big party at the Park tonight.

Dragon's Milk in limited doses for moi.

That stuff kicks my ASS.

But oddly, I don't miss that they don't have Guinness Stout for it, and don't even mind the $9 or so pint fee.

Probably one of the top three or four beer experiences of my life.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7287
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to see the grin on Mrs. Res' face after completing her final.

See you about 8.

I'm starting to like this 8pm start

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 240
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 6:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How was the meeting? Sorry i missed it.

Gannon

Post Number: 11105
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I finally got down there apparently five minutes after everyone left!

Except for Cambrian and his date, who entertained and tolerated me for a while, then I got into some great conversation with a few fellows who bowl at the DAC league from Grosse Pointe, and then a couple I've met there before...woman works with ACORN and has a project to get the voting knowledge and political awareness to the next generation.

Curious conversation, some really great fun.

Check yer e-mail Pgn!

Kathleen

Post Number: 2639
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry to have missed you, John! Dave and I had one more stop to make on our way home...to see friends who were gigging at Memphis Smoke, so we left a bit earlier than usual.

Great to see Lowell in a pre-holiday appearance!! PlymouthRes and Mrs. Res (congrats, Mary, on finishing up your class!), Jams, Cambrian and his 4-legged "date", and eHemingway rounded out the gathering. Some wonderful conversations all around!!

Gannon

Post Number: 11106
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathleen,

Funny, I was LATE because I couldn't get away from my client/friend's condo right across the street from Memphis Smoke!

You can look across the street from his fishbowl and flirt with folk on the second floor!

UGH. heh

Plymouthres

Post Number: 335
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I second Kathleen's post and it really was cool to see/meet everyone again! Had a great conversation about the Civil War!

Nice precursor to the holiday, and I'm looking forward to next week's FSC.

John-

Indeed, sorry we missed you but we were done and I had to get up for work this morning at 4:30am.

There will be other nights, I'm sure, but what about skating at CM this weekend? Give me a call at the cell number I left you before and perhaps we can make it happen.

We might even see you tonight, who knows?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.