Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » The Multiple Thread Syndrome « Previous Next »
Tired of seeing multiple threadsDetroitnerd12-10-07  2:32 pm
The multiple thread syndromeDetroitrise12-10-07  1:10 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1038
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lately, it's been like a disease on here. People have been re-creating the same threads over 20 times for the longest.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 793
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And why the hell did you decide to start a new thread about it? Further cluttering of the board.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2345
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOLz

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1039
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just to get on the people who do it all the time. It gets annoying that people don't take the time to look through the threads before trying to post a new one that mentions the same thing and people like you ignore it.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 4098
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you two fighting again?

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2116
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well the thing is, that these two similar threads that you started Detroitrise, have the same title. Usually it is not that apparent when there are two threads with the same subject. You can't expect someone to read through every thread to see if a specific FREEP article has already been posted somewhere else, for example. You just have to kindly copy and past the address for the other thread.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1499
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 5064
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 7:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The Commissioner [while praising the greatest crime fighter of the 1960s (current crime: waste of bandwidth, this time...) that the world has ever known--Chickenman.]:

quote:

I don't know who he (Urbanize) is, but I do know this...

He's everywhere! He's everywhere! PLUCK, PLUCK, PLUCK, PLUCK!

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6278
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey... lets start a bunch of threads on Christine Beatty! :-(

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1548
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol Gistok, I think the Mega Thread took care of that.

At least it was all consolidated :-(

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6281
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually (as of Sunday Feb. 10) there's still 4 threads under DISCUSS DETROIT (outside of the megathread) that are titled "Christine Beatty".

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2546
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The problem with multiple threads on the same topic is that people are too quick to put something on the forum and too lazy to scroll down at least a day or two back to see if the topic has a thread already.

It's not that time consuming to scroll down a day or two and work your way back up to see if a topic you want to comment on has already been discussed. There are times I'll go all the way to the bottom of the site and work my way back up. If I'm not entering one of those threads, then it takes maybe 10 minutes or less to get back to the top. Patience is the key.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 121
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LivernoisY, lol.

You reminded me of Cracker's the Corporate-Crime Fighting Chicken. 'Memba him from TV Nation? Crackers came here to Detroit. I need to find my picture with him...

Oops! I hope no one else has a thread about Crackers.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1600
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you very much Royce. That was the whole point of this thread.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 4568
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It's not that time consuming to scroll down a day or two and work your way back up to see if a topic you want to comment on has already been discussed.

You can also use the search engine to search just the subject lines for keywords.

I miss TV Nation. That was a fun series.

Clayton
Username: Clayton

Post Number: 16
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You and me both, Jimaz!

Jimaz

Post Number: 4572
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YouTube to the rescue! TV Nation Reruns

In this one they hired an actor to move into a quiet neighborhood and try to act like a serial killer just to see how much they could get away with before neighbors called the police: TV Nation - The Serial Killer Next Door.

No one called.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1610
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GREAT! Now I must make a thread to rant about thread jacking!

Jimaz

Post Number: 4584
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Make a spare while you're at it. :-)

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 504
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Three - just in case nobody sees the first two.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.