Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Is this subject prohibited?? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 185
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

To All of the Families
That we have loved and have been dependent on, for all of our lives.
There are many different ones.

The Generation of our Grandparents who helped nurture us.

Our Parents and Aunts and Uncles,
Who, by their example, taught us how to be a Family.

The Siblings, Sisters and Brothers and Cousins all, who have always
Managed to stay in touch, no matter the time or distance.

The Old Neighborhood family.
The Kids we grew up with and bonded with, forever.

The High School family,
Those tried and true friends that have been nothing, if not a joy.

The “Yooper” Family in the Upper Peninsula and the Trails West Family. in Tucson.
The new friends that came into our lives, at the right time and place.

To the largest segment of our Families, the Younger Generation,
We especially dedicate our Christmas Wish:
We hope that you will hold and enjoy the friendship and love of your family and friends for as long as you may live.

Peg and Tom O’

This was our Christmas Card that we sent to family and friends in 1999.
Dare I presume that we have found some new and equally welcome friends on the Detroit Forum?
A special thank you to Lowell for providing this very special venue for one’s personal expressions.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 353
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peg and Tom - What a special way to reach out and touch those that have meant so much to you.

Merry Christmas to you both!

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 2385
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I especially like the Yoopers because they're all Packer fans. Shows much more intelligence than folks in the lower. :-)

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7263
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Dare I presume that we have found some new and equally welcome friends on the Detroit Forum?

I hope so!

Happy Holidays and Peace!

Tponetom
Username: Tponetom

Post Number: 186
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray1936:
Re: Football:
I have never wavered in my outspoken support for the Tigers, Lions, Wings and Pistons. However, there was one occasion when my Detroit allegiance flip flopped. Escanaba, MI. 15,000 population, in 1981, sent their High School Football team to Detroit to play for the Class "A" Championship. A few days before the big game, either the Free Press or the News ran a headline in the sports section that read:
"ESCA....WHO?"
That was a real tacky thing to do. To demean any opponent is not classy at all.
Escanaba won the game.
I addressed a letter to the Sports Department of that paper.
My letter read, in BIG capital letters,
'"NABA,,,,MORON." My letter was not acknowledged.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 2397
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, sportswriters aren't generally particularly known for any intelligence outside of their sphere. Local papers here last spring printed an article about the teams belonging to the class "A" league that our minor league Las Vegas 51's belong to. They printed an outline of each state involved and put a star where the various teams were located in each of the involved states.

Unfortunately, some graphic artist with his head in a dark place put in an outline map of Kansas and marked "Omaha" at the eastern edge. I wrote them and observed that the last time I drove through Omaha, it was in Nebraska.

My letter was not acknowledged, either.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.