Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Poll: Are Ccbatson's Posts A Waste? » Archive through December 02, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 3724
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

... of both his and our time? Vote yes or no.

This thread has been inspired by https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5843/118627.html?1194403 857#POST812198.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 347
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd like to reiterate my "yes" vote from the other thread.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 3726
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My yes vote is implicit.

Wfw
Username: Wfw

Post Number: 307
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I vote yes, but they're more a waste of his time than mine. I can just ignore them.

Zxzm
Username: Zxzm

Post Number: 57
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 795
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. His posts are not a waste because he is exercising his right. Respect that right, even if you choose not to respect, listen to, or agree with the person.

An effective way to "vote" against anyone on DYes, is to simply ignore them.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 2062
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 6:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the answer would have to be "yes" - but I bracket that with the fact that we are all wasting time in here blowing off crap.

No Karl, and now they are running off Cc ? ?

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5312
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 7:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YES

His posts are not a waste, but his prick-like condescending attitude is...

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 963
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

His persistent refusal to accept any fact-based argument does invite substantial infusion of relevant facts, which could be interesting to others. You could see him as a devil's advocate who permits others to give and receive information. Of course, he never knows when he is KO'd.

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 3392
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

actually, he is a master of projection -- every time he is ko'd, he projects it on the others

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10690
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No. His opinion is fairly presented and not intentionally offensive (and rarely is IMO).

We all have opinons and CC is allowed to have his. I think some on there need to go but CC is not one of them.

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1133
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Da.

Oliverdouglas
Username: Oliverdouglas

Post Number: 156
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Annoying, yes. But of all the wingnuts, CC is the only one who sometimes manages to make a point. In any case, it's not healthy for anyone to spend much time on NON-DETROIT.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5319
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate to say I have to agree with OD, buthe has a point.

CC aint no Karl or Craig...

He is just a lil more annoying...

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 3047
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Annoying, yes, but not a total asshole. Although he does persist in clinging to wrongheaded, pre-1929 economic theories...

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2670
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I don't read most of them because of the tone and attitude, but his is certainly not a Karl.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 5117
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, they help mix the pot and it's hilarious to see people get all riled up over his posts. It's just words people...words. yes, that's all. Don't take it too seriously now!

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1139
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I had a little down time at work and went to a few of the other forum he has frequented over the years.

It's the same story at every single one. No one wants him around, he's been actually banned on a car forum, argues incessantly with people.

This is just the latest place he has decided to vegetate at.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 3442
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is it on that Cherokee thread Cc was banned from, he continuously talks about hooking up a Nintendo to his car, and keeps calling people "dude"?

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1682
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol, wow Cc is notorious on the internet. Yes and No. Yes because everyone of my 1600+ post are arguably waste of time so the same can be said of him and his nearly 7000 posts. But he is at least coherent 80% of the time until he wants to argue about the color of the moon and some such nonsense. And unlike the other righties on the board (PG, Steelers/Craigd/Papa) he doesn't seem to posses any irrational hatred of a group of people or their culture in every single post.

BTW, how the hell does one find the time to post as much as these righties do?

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jimaz, I like you (and all that other good shit, etc. etc., blah blah,) but I don't like this thread. A poll like this one has no positive value of any kind, and it has an air of meanness to it, which is crummy, since whatever else I might say about Cc, I do not feel any meanness coming from Cc.
To be straight with you, I think this thread is a waste.
I would have liked to think that this move was beneath you.

Milwaukee
Username: Milwaukee

Post Number: 1362
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No.

I don't agree with what he has to say, but I don't think all of his posts are bad or a waste. Well maybe most of them are, but some are really well written. Better than I can say for myself.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1448
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most are a waste. Let's say there's a thread that he posts in 20 times (not out of the question!). 2 are honest opinions, 6 are 1-10 word replies saying mostly nothing and usually not even containing both a subject and a predicate simultaneously, and the last 12 consist of argumentative baiting and red herrings.

For those that don't know, in debate, a red herring is an argument that purposely deviates from the original topic, with the hope of confusing the other party and eventually steering the debate to another topic entirely. This quote from Wikipedia is a good example:
quote:

An example can be found in academic examinations, particularly in mathematics and physical sciences. In some questions, information may be provided which is not necessary to solve the given problem. The presence of extraneous data often causes those taking the exam to spend too much time on the question, reducing the time given to other problems and potentially lowering the resulting score.

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 627
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think he needs to get out! Just send him out with me for a night. He will take at least 3 days to recover. Therefore, he will be to busy nursing varoius hangovers to post. Win-Win for all.

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 158
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like his insight into so many different subjects.
and the fact that he wants all posters to have successful threads.

If someone started a thread on the strengths of Hefty vs Glad trash bags in non-Detroit, they can count on Cc having a opinion and helping their thread grow by at least one last post.

Nothing wrong with that as long as if we each pick different bags, We don't get into a name calling-nitpicking Internet fight.

One thing I don't care for is the threads where if someone has a disagreement, then its because one leans too far Left or too far Right -

Unless its because we took Beavis1981 advice, then Leaning just seems like the correct thing to do!

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 797
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragtoplover59, thanks for creatively finding a silver-lining.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 383
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like reading his posts more than any other user of this forum, even though I agree with him only about 50% of the time. I like watching him dismantle most of the people he debates. And he does a damn good job of doing it.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 376
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eh, not really. He just repeats the same oversimplified rhetoric until people get sick of banging their heads against the wall and stop posting in the thread. Then he invariably crows about "winning" another argument, possibly his most annoying trait.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 801
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And therefore, Ccbatson has his reward.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 2169
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know, seriously, I used to think CC was an older guy - maybe mid to late 50's. Lately though it occurs to me that it is more likely that he is a young guy who simply picked up his rhetoric from his father - maybe at the dinner table or something. His rap is solid, or at least consistent, unless you pursue his logic further. At that point it seems to have absolutely no substance or backing. As if in the final analysis, he is reciting hearsay that he doesnt really even understand.