Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Judges are Supposed to be Unbiased, Aren't They? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mama_jackson
Username: Mama_jackson

Post Number: 259
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I need to speak with a spit fire attorney about a judge that seems to be favoring opposing counsel in a divorce action. Is there anybody here I could consult with via phone or email for advice on how to proceed? I promise I won't take too much of your time to explain the case.

Seriously, we need some help.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11343
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See if you can get information on the country clubs the attorney and judge belong to.

It will be easier to look up their credentials and public organizations each are members of...you will probably find SOME link that may indicate why this poor behavior is happening. Some times it is a simple as an alumni agreement, other times a fraternal one...take a peek and don't be surprised what you find!

Down in Lexington, KY, a lawsuit I was a professional witness in went seriously astray away from justice through TWO judges...because the heart surgeon megalomaniac who brought the suit was THAT well connected!

Ain't NO justice for the not-so-well-connected in this land...

Mama_jackson

Post Number: 260
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Gannon, I think I do have a few things already. It's very upsetting how one hand washes the other.

We are good people. We stay out of court, and don't think divorce is the answer to all your problems, we work though problems. Unlike his family-dad married and divorced 5 or 6 times and his mother decided she was gay after her divorce and two children.

I feel we will be well rid of him and absolutely need some advice.

Any takers?

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 3573
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If your case is in Macomb County, forget it. The fix is in.

Mama_jackson

Post Number: 261
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fury13, it's not.

You know, my husband's family and mine are both pioneer families to the great State of Michigan. We are well connected, however, not within the court system.

I knew the judicial system as getting away from everyday people, I just was innocent enough to think a normal family could have their day in court and be treated fairly. I think it is time for a revolution in our county. I really, really do.

We need butts on the benches in the courtrooms watching what these judges are up to. You know I have spoke with several people previous to our day in court and heard over and over, well so and so judge must have had a bad day. If I would has many bad days when I was working, as these judges I would have been fired from my job. And that is what needs to happen to the judges. Why are so many re-elected over and over and they are not following the law? It is incumbent upon the judges to show me WHY they need to be re-elected time after time. Show me you are not biased and fair.

And to get copies of court records are almost priced out of this world, and therefore provides another layer of secrecy to the courts.

I don't want to state the details of this case online. However will cover indepth details with someone who is an attorney and could help.

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1328
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

M_j,

All too true. I have also heard that "having a bad day" garbage. Unbelievable. Good luck!

Mama_jackson

Post Number: 262
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok I understand, nobody wants to help for free.

Please if you could, recommend a spit fire family law attorney? I will call their office and make an appointment.

This case does not involve: sexual abuse, drugs or alcohol. It does involve physical and emotional abuse, guns and manic depression (his). I still need answers regarding this case and time is slipping away.

Thank you very much for your well wishes! It means a lot to me.

(Message edited by mama_jackson on January 16, 2008)

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 929
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://family-law.freeadvice.c om/divorce_law/

One of the better ones
Carole L. Chiamp
Chiamp & Associates
333 West Fort, Suite 1800
Detroit, MI 48226-3186
313-962-4600

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2085
Posted on Friday, January 18, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A good lawyer knows the law.
A great lawyer knows the Judge.
Carole Chiamp knows both.

Mama_jackson

Post Number: 263
Posted on Friday, January 18, 2008 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you sooo very much!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.