Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Looking for wedding DJ « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 4841
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm looking for a wedding DJ. Does not need to do all the hokey stuff, just play music and make some announcments. Any recommendations?

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1082
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a thought - call a couple of radio stations and ask them if their weekend/part-time air talents do DJ side work. I used to DJ and knew some folks who did that.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1846
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 1:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got a friend who DJ's, I forget his DJ name but his "name" is Antwan. He did a great job at my sisters graduation last summer and he does clubs frequently on the weekends. He's professional, friendly, and all that other good stuff. If your interested I can give you his number.

Mama_jackson
Username: Mama_jackson

Post Number: 271
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would suggest to check DJ's who are working in clubs. If they don't have a steady contract with the club they are working at, they would be more than happy to fill up their calendar with dates. Just be sure to get a contract signed and keep in contact with them about the date of your function.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 322
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

speaking of DJ's i miss the electrifing MoJo! anyone ever listen to him?

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 208
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jammin' djs. terrible name, i know, but they're pretty great if you are really into music. they interview you about what you love/hate and then work with you to make up a playlist. i've been to two weddings that they've dj'ed (one motown focused, one indie-rock focused) and both djs were excellent...

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 4897
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks guys, I found one.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 255
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darn I got on here to late! I own my own DJ business, have done a number of weddings, and would be happy to show some DYes love by offering a discount to fellow forumers.

theOffice@FrozenEntertainment. com

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.