Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » February 28th « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 460
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey all-

Are you guys still meeting on Thursdays? It appears that the FSC has slowed down a bit in the new year, eh?

I will be coming home for the weekend on Thursday the 28th, and was wondering if anyone was up to hooking-up at the Park for the FSC? I should be there about 8pm if everything goes well (plane is landing at 6pm) so I am looking forward to a "Detroit" gathering! Hopefully you can all make it out!

Phoenix doesn't have FSC's so it will be cool to catch up if you can make it!

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7705
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just got the email from Mikie. 8pm it is!
Can't wait to hear your stories about that mythical land called Arizona.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 462
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams-

I am looking forward to seeing you as well! I've got a couple of stories to tell, too!

This should be fun! See you at 8!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11703
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there...but late.

DON'T FUCKING LEAVE THIS TIME!

I'm running the Open Mic at the 1923 Coffeehouse in Hamtramck from 7 until 9, then I've got to get the gear over to Audra's house for her Friday night Dinner and a Show.

We'll be down the moment I empty the car! No later than ten, promise!

Cheers!

Plymouthres

Post Number: 464
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I promise to stay until your arrival as I know that you will do your best to get there before midnight! I also know how important those Open Mic Nights are, too, so don't sweat it. We will be there!

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2787
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm planning to be there around 8pm. See you then!

Gannon

Post Number: 11708
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, I'm still sore on that last best miss, I think you were like five minutes away when I called!

Ain't no thing, just ribbin' you on MY tardiness.

ahem

You should come down for the first hour at the coffeehouse, I guarantee you'll love it. Is the 'missus' happening north with you this trip?!

Plymouthres

Post Number: 467
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our timing is a bit disconnected I would say. Good thing we don't make that a habit!

Yes, MrsRes actually has not moved here just yet, so she will be in attendance Thursday! She's been jonesin' a Bucarest Grill schwarma sandwich since our last visit (after Kathleen got us totally hooked!) so this will be perfect!

It will be awesome to see you all and catch up!

I'd love to do the coffee house but the plane won't be in until 6:30! We wil literally have to leave as soon as we get home just to get there by 8:00! Perhaps next visit!

Gannon

Post Number: 11712
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm recording it all, so I'll try to make a 'best-of' collection for your listening pleasure...for your NEXT visit home!

We're enjoying some transcendent performances, it has quickly become the high point of my week.

No pun intended.

Mikie
Username: Mikie

Post Number: 144
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there about 8:30 give or take 15 minutes.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7743
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump, just a reminder, this is open to all forumites!

All are welcome!

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1722
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams, Kathleen and Gannon I think I might try to make it down tonight. No promises but I will see how things go.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 469
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Come on down, Gumby! It will be a pleasure to make your acquaintence!

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 277
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will try to make it to my first FCS tonight :-)

It was nice meeting some of you at the Flying Apron and look forward to meeting more of you.

Sincerely,
REL

Gannon

Post Number: 11742
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For anyone who might not know where the Park is, one block west of the State/Filmore theater complex...next to the restored Cliff Bell's.

Three blocks south (towards downtown) from the Town Pump.

BIG glass windows on the SE corner, across from the old Police Academy.

Cheers, see y'all tonight!

Gertrude
Username: Gertrude

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, DARN! This slipped my mind last night. I have been meaning to make the next FSC and meet some of you. Maybe next time.

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1723
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was unable to make it last night. I really wanted to get down there too.

Gannon

Post Number: 11749
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heya Gertrude, welcome. It'll happen again.

As for YOU, Gumby...heh. Sorry we missed you.

We had a great time...Rel, Plymouthres and his better half, Jams, Kathleen, Mikie, and me...I don't think I missed anyone.

Cheers!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.