Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Last Night to get Bugged at the Ringwald « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11780
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sorry I haven't mentioned this before now...but the Ringwald Theater on Woodward just south of Nine Mile on the east side of the street has been showing Tracy Letts' Bug for the last few weekends to rave reviews. There is one performance left, and I wouldn't want anyone interested to miss it.

We've already missed curtain for today, my nap ran over, sorry...but tomorrow's closing performance curtain is at eight. Sit close, if you're brave! (even Steve Wilson dared the front row)

I finally learned why the raves last night, and am just wowed by what happened. Everything from the set to the last acted stroke was superbly done, and we got to see perhaps more of a few favorite local actors (and one amazing replant, Cassandra McCarthy) than even the warning signs indicated!

It was a marvelously intense experience about a couple 'stuck' in some motel room of life, facing their past and having them converge in a way that only they could. Classic story, VERY un-traditionally done.

Paranoia is contagious, apparently.

Cheers to the troupe at Ringwald, amazing job! (now I know why the phone was so darned important)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.